2010 Sport Trac - hi

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dRailer

Reaction score
IMG_7655-s.jpg

My father was the only other owner of my new 2010 Ford Sport Trac - I asked to keep it after he passed last year. My son and I drove it to my home just this last weekend. My first truck: it is the color of root beer in the sun, smelled quite a bit of smoke, and makes a noise like a low growl in a big dog's throat. On the way over, kiddo and I played the 6 CDs that Grampa had left in the audio system as the perfect backdrop for the journey. I suspected that it would bring me a little closer to my dad - and I was right - in about the same as if Han Solo had a kid that had inherited the Millennium Falcon. It wasn't necessarily this truck that was exactly his trademark per se, but it is the last in a series of his trucks - each of which he cared for greatly. (I am so well-trained in being careful around his vehicles, that the above picture makes me a little nervous because the basketball hoop represents far too many opportunities for projectiles of one type or another.)

Here to see what info I can get on it - I had already severely underestimated its abilities regarding phone hook-up by way of Bluetooth - might as well see what else is available/what it can do -- maybe get some advice along the way. Thanks for adding me.

Last edited:
Good looking SportTrac! Condolences on your father.
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.
V6 or V8; don't see the V8 emblem?
Basic specs: Year + Model + Engine + Trans + TCase + Diffs ...
in your Signature will encourage others to answer questions.

Last edited:
Good looking SportTrac! Condolences on your father.
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.
V6 or V8; don't see the V8 emblem?
Basic specs: Year + Model + Engine + Trans + TCase + Diffs ...
in your Signature will encourage others to answer questions.
Oh! Got it, makes sense regarding sig. (I'm sorry, I'm pretty good at a number of things, but I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to car/truck maintenance and/or specs for "TCase" (assuming Transfer Case, but can't find a number on that other than "XL-12" in the manual) or "Diffs."

Thanks all for the welcome :)

I don't have an emblem, nope, but under the hood I'm seeing enough evidence to confirm V8.

Last edited:

Latest posts