2010 Supercharged Adrenalin AWD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet! Is it done yet!

:banana:

I really wish someone made a bolt on kit that I could do in my garage. I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around $8,000 for the Saleen or Edelbrock superchargers! I want something that is efficient, compact, produces high yields at lower boost levels and looks factory under the hood.

I've been going back and forth for 3 years about supercharging one of the STAs I've had or just buying a SVT Lightning.

I am soooo going with a 5.4 S/C conversion in a few years !!!!!!! Buddy at Shrader performance has done this !!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I looked at this in the hours and hours of calls and research - This dyno was a little weird for the 5.4 for me, the trans shift was scary, and then talked about a manual transmission swap because the computer coding was screwing with the shift points. I wanted a nice clean deal that I could bolt on in the shop - I will keep you posted to see if I get what I paid for. Roush and Dearborn both had good things to say about the team in Florida for mapping and the kit price is under $6000 complete and add the 150+ horse without tearing up the driveline. Might not be as fast as the 5.4 but I can take grandma to church and get back home every time. LOL

Is that $6,000 out the door? Is that 150hp to the wheels?

Does it include injectors and all the top end supporting equipment?

If that is $6,000 OTD....that is freakin awesome!

Brenspeed tells me that the stock internals, AWD and 6R tran should be good for daily driver up to 400RHP.

They say that you can't do much better than that because of the fuel pump driver module for the Sport Trac. I'm not a mechanic so I'm not 100% sure what he is talking about. I did find the locations of the FPDM for the ST though. I emailed Brenspeed to see if that opens up some options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Z,,That is a very clean set up.:supercool:

Are there any long tube headers for it? It needs to breath on both ends.

Yes, blower, intake, fuel rail, injectors, intercooler, pump, cold air intake, motorsport throttle body, flash programming, sct tuner, hoses, filter, turn key for $5995.

When you get a chance please list the specific Brembo kit or parts to achieve the braking system from Brembo for the 2010 STA?

Bah, Roush and Saleen each use the same roots-style SC, do they not? Do any company's out there use a twin-screw-style, like the Kenne Belle? Or, do any of the companies use, instead, a centrifugal SC, or turbos? I guess Roush and Saleen are taking a chance, adding a power-adder to the 4.6 V8 in the truck. But this V-8 is already well-used in other power-adder situations. I wonder if there's a big difference in the V-8 here, versus the 4.6 V8 3-valve in the mustangs.. I don't know, I'm asking if there are big differences (heads, fuel-delivery)?

Why did this thread die? THIS is what I was looking for, and then, bleh? :p

The ST is going to be a vehicle that'll be modded, soon, methinks. Especially since they were, at least, some, modded by Ford. They're almost unavailable to buy in my area; that's why I had to drive almost 300 miles to buy mine. They're a good looking truck, that's, even 10+ years later, not duplicated in the new-car market.

So, I guess my questions:

What engines did these trucks come with (and I mean ALL versions, from '00-2010)? I know they came in Gen1 and Gen2, and I know they had some engine differences in that time. What were the V6 and V8 offerings during that time? I think most of the V6's were the same (4.0). I think they changed the V8's likely from '04 to '05 (just guessing that they went from 2-valve/per/cylinder to 3-valve/per/cylinder in like '05; a least, that's when they made the change in the Mustang)

When did they offer the Adrenaline "package"? When did they offer these trucks in the AWD version? When did they offer them in Super-charged version? When were all-of-the-above offered together, if ever?

If there WAS an AWD, V8, S/C'd Adrenaline package offered, I'll have to find me one of those. But, until I find that, a V8, 4x4, IRS-backed, crew-cab truck that looks this good, I'll take it over the 2-seater Lightning I was looking at (and also love!)

Thanks for your input, greatly!!!

Latest posts