2015 Colorado Z71

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
I checked one out. Drove it. Want it. I want to keep $40k more than I want the truck, though.

Tahoe has won out against the Explorer with my wife, though. Looks like Ford will be pushing our family to Chevy.

Hugh,

Shame that the ford folks are putting all their eggs into, all the different version f-150.

I have never owned chevy personaly. Family has and werent happy. Maybe I will get a sccooter...LOL

The new Colorado feels 1,000x times more solid than the previous generation. I test drove a Canyon when I ended up with the ST and that thing felt like a plastic toy waiting to fall apart.

We had a Tahoe and traded it for the Edge at 150k miles because it was having transmission issues, 4x4 module went out and the gauge cluster didn't work ($800 part). It was treated to exactly Chevy's maintenance plan and always at a Chevy dealership.

My parents bought a new Chevy Aveo for my youngest sister a few years ago and were glad when it was totaled in an accident within the year. Worst vehicle purchase they say they've made.

Alas, we're having to consider Chevy. The Eurpoean imports are too pretentious for where we live, although I do like BMW. We also don't have any European import shops within an hour. Toyota is big here but she doesn't like their offerings at all.

She's considering the Expedition but it hasn't had an update in ages.

Late model Chevy and Dodge pickups around here are full of rust, especially at the tops of the rear wheel wells and the back cab corners. I know Chevy has mastered this rust, as their trucks have all rusted in the same places for the last 50 years, through several model redesigns, etc.

I seldom see a Ford pickup with rust. If it does have rust, it is at least 30 years old.

My guess is Chevy is engineered for obsolescence every 4 years, and Dodge engineering is just incompetent.

Latest posts