23.5 MPG with my '07 V8 4X4 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64972

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Got a best of 23.5 MPG on the Dundee, MI to Kettering, OH leg of the trip!! Drove 60-70+ MPH all the way until I got in road work in the last 10 miles.

[Broken External Image]:

How does that compare to other V8 ST's? Just curious...... I'd like to hit the 24 MPG mark some day. I hit high 21's the high 22's regularly on the highway. All I can say is Todd Z knows some good things about ST's!

We did a whirlwind trip (left Sat eve - back Sunday eve) and delivered the bed extender to Jon W9 and we talked for a few, then we went to the OCA Olds show just south of Lansing(couple hours), went to Rosie's Diner in Rockford, MI and had lunch,

[Broken External Image]:

then we found my wife's relative's old houses and last, on to Cabela's for a hour or so and then back to Dayton by 8:45 PM.

Thanks Jon W6!! Nice to meet you. You have a nice ST there!

Gary G:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,

I get about 23 avg when I get out on the freeway based on a 50-100 mile trip wihile driving aprox 65-70 mph. Around town, I get about 15 mpg avg.

Yes, I also get in the 15's around town too....except in cold weather then it's 13 - 14 MPG.

Gary G

I got 15 coming back from Louisville

Andy.......geez, you know it's better to drive without your foot on the brake and gas pedal at the same time?? :D

What were you towing??

The only thing I was hauling was ass. :)

Okay, I had a couple hundred pounds of crap in the bed, but I get that bad of mileage normally. It's a trade-off for zoooooooooooooom.

Until we hit a major traffic jam, I was getting around 20 on my 08 V8 XLT on a trip to the OBX. That was with four people in the car, the back stuffed, and a filled soft car top carrier on top of the tonneau cover, and going 70-80 mph. Typical I-95, speed up, slow down, etc. Pretty much loaded down!

I'm yet to really load mine down, haven't towed anything yet....

So, Andy, yeah, I can see where your "mpg's" dropped quite a bit. I used to zooooom :) but can no longer with the fuel costs.

When I had my '65 chevy, I got maybe 9 mpg. I pulled off the air cleaner one time with the car just idling.....friggin looked like you were standing there with a garden hose pouring gas into the carb. On throttle up, I swear you could see the fuel guage drop.

PRM.....that's pretty damn good with all you had loaded down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving habbit's really play a big part on what you'll get with these ST's. Keeping your foot off the gas is the main thing.

I often find people on my ass when taking off from a stop :) I also try to keep the rpm's below 3000 as well.

I have an 07 V8 ST. Get approx 24 hwy and 16 city on a cdn gallon, with a light treading style of driving. Try to keep rpm's under 2500.

I went to PA a couple weeks ago to the NSRA street rod show in York and the All-Ford Nats in Carlise. I typically average right around 19 mpg on my trips across I-80 into western PA with the cruise set on 75. However, due to the high 90 deg daytime temps I ran the AC during most of this trip. My mpg over the same terrain dropped to an average of 16.2. :(

Note: I-80 in the western half of PA is all hills.

Latest posts