265/75/16 Tires witn No Suspension Mods

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gilman

Reaction score
For those that are running this size tire.......

Are you Happy with how they fit?

Do you which you had chosen another size?

If so what size do you wish you had bought instead?

I am leaning towards these for my 2001 2 wheel drive trac and want to make sure I wil be happy with the choice.

Thanks

I have 265/75/16 BFG A/T's on my '02 4x4, and I love everything about them! The only downside to consider, is a possible decrease in MPG. I lost about 1 or 2 MPG since I installed the tires. This is a small trade off for me as these tires are great on slippery Michigan roads in the winter! :cool:

Hope this helps!

Brett

I ran 265/70/16 Mich LTX tires (1/2 inch taller tire) on a lowered 2001 no problems. Love that tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran them on my '02 2wd trac, they rubbed a little at full turn up front, and they hit the inner fender at the right rear, but the tire fixed the issue itself... see library for pics

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else experience a loss in MPG like Dunerunner?

Im just curious, because I was thinking of doing the same size tires, but I dont want to lose MPG.

You're going to lose MPG if you go up a size in tires no matter what. The fact of the matter is that your engine is working a little harder to turn the larger rubber.

[Broken External Image]:

I am running 1.25" spacers on the front and 1.5" spacers in the rear and I'm very happy with the looks/handling the larger tires give the truck. I've received nothing but positive comments on my truck ever since I put the rubber & spacers on.

minor rubbing up front but not enough for me to get off my ass and do some trimming.

I am wanting to go to 275/60 R20s evenutally (after a TT/Shackle lift), but until then I'm more than happy with what I got.

Part of the mileage loss is actually because the larger tire diameter is causing the odometer to register less miles. The larger tire diameter, in this case 255/70-16 compared to 265/75-16, will cause a 5% difference in miles put on the odometer.

So the perceived mpg loss will be 5% just from the odometer registering less miles. Say your distance to work is 20 miles with the smaller tires. You will only register 19 miles on the odometer with the larger diameter tire. Same distance, only the odometer shows less (unless you recalibrate).

Same with the speedometer; traveling at 60 MPH, you will only show about 57 MPH with the larger tire.

my biggest regret so far with the 265/75s is that i should have got 285s, and just lifted until they didnt rub...

now i have to wait until these wear out to get them lol

Latest posts