3" body lift answers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex dougherty

Reaction score
I did a 3" body lift on my st a couple weeks ago and ive got a couple views and technics to share. First off me and a family friend did the body lift ourselves as i do not have $1000 for a shop to do it. First off we saved a ton of time by not unhooking everything the project in the project file says. We didnt need to unhook the tcase wiring, tranny wiring and parking brake line. The only wires we pulled were the battery and air bag fuse. Second the rear two body bolts were completly rusted together. To break them loose we had to wedge a bar inbetween the washer and body bracket and then had to use a rachet with a breaker bar to break it loose. The others cane out easily. As for the bolts in the performance accessories kit, they come in different lengths so we had to go buy some at the local hardware store. The only sacrafice in the kit would be the tow hooks, instead of the tow hooks i plan on mounting a plate that goes all the way across to mount a winch on

Sounds good. Don't forget to zip tie the A/C line away from the crank or belt. I failed to know this after my lift and had to buy another line for $205.

That's the first time I've heard that. I wonder what the difference is?

Latest posts