3" Body Lift HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so here is my prob. I have never ever considered a body lift in my life b/c of the fact that you get nothing out of it but looks. I mean after all it doesn't raise your frame up so you really don't gain any ground clearance. But the other day I drove homw and noticed a trac with a 3" lift and it really looked good to me. It started to bother me b/c I have the nicest most tricked out trac around my area and when I saw this I started to feel threatened. So here is my question. For all of you out there who have done this lift how does it work? Any serious problems? Any problems at all? I want to know these things b/c I have a friend who could help me do this for nothing and if it will really work and not hurt my truck at all I think that I will do it then.

-Brandon:(

Yours is the most "tricked-out" in the area? Do you have any other mods or just the brushguard? I saw your pics and that's all I noticed. Not trying to be a smart-ass, just curious because I also have the most "tricked-out" in my area. I don't think I have seen any modded around here and I see a dozen everyday.

Oh and I have a body lift that I'm waiting to install, it's a big job and I don't have time. Other than that I've done all I can for lift except tires. Trying to decide if I want to go 35"s and leave it as is or do the body lift and try 37"s. It';s just so much easier to sell the body lift and put the money towards the 35"s and make life easier... but that's no fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had the 3" body lift installed on my Trac a month ago and I love it. The ride still feels the same as it did before the lift (something you risk giving up with a suspension lift). This lift works by placing 3" spacers in between every piece that connects the body to the frame. The kit should come with new brackets for the bumpers so they are raised up too. If you had help and did this on your own, you will save a lot of $$$ (I had mine installed, but got the employee discount so installation was basically free...but it would have been $800). It's a long and involnved process...the bed has to be removed, seats are removed, some of the brackets in the front are trimmed, brake lines extended...but if you're good with trucks, it shouldn't be bad. Just time consuming.

The link below looks like it explains everything needed and how to do it pretty well. Check it out.

I've been very happy with mine...I think it gives the truck a beefier appearance and it allowed me to put 33" tires on with no other mods. As a side note...make sure to purchase the "Gap Guards" for the truck because once the body lift is on and the truck is raised, you can look through the front wheel wells and see the lower part of the engine. The Gap Guards fill in this area and makes it look more finished off.

Good luck...if you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Brandon64, yes I have other mods

-I have a Compustar remote start alarm system this isa two way pager with my car and it will start my car from a mile and a half away

-I have Rancho RS9000 shocks with in cab remote hooked up ( i did this myself)

-I have westin brushguard with a pair of KC Daylightters on the front

-I have a Leer 100XQ camper top installed with dual dome lights on the inside as well as a rack on top

-I have a tricked out exhaust that comes out of the back bumper

-A custom painted interior (done by myself)

-A hand made 10" speaker box (also done by myself)

-custom pedals

-flowmaster muffler

-265/75/16 BFG all terrains

-Pioneer after market CD player

-Ford towing package

-Back up light kit with custom made brackets

So to answer your question yes I think my trac is tricked out. The reason it doesn't look that way is b/c I do not have pics. posted.

The reason that I am asking ya'll if there is a prob. is b/c my fiance's brother had a tacoma that had a 3" on it and it was constantly going out of alignment due to this body lift. Now I consider myself a knowledgable person when it comes to suspension lifts but b/c he had ran into this prob. I figured I would find out if anybody else had experienced anything.

-Brandon-:D

I installed my body lift with the help of a friend. Yeah, it is a pretty complex project, but if you take your time, it can be done in a full weekend. I saved about $600 doing it myself, if money isnt an issue, Id probably let someone else deal with it. I havent had one problem due to the lift, and Ive had it on for about 2,000 miles now. Couldn't be happier - no issues whatsoever with the allignment. Pics in my library if you're interested.

Lane