3 row radiator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkb53

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hello everyone. On my 08 trac with 4.6 engine I have the single row plastic tank radiator that I want to replace before problems start. I know I've read on here about 3 row heavy duty aluminum radiators that will work really well. The problem I'm having is finding those articles. If anyone can help me out with the name of the radiator and where to buy it, that would be great. Also, any problems installing this radiator ? I would like to know that too.
Thanks

Hello everyone. On my 08 trac with 4.6 engine I have the single row plastic tank radiator that I want to replace before problems start. I know I've read on here about 3 row heavy duty aluminum radiators that will work really well. The problem I'm having is finding those articles. If anyone can help me out with the name of the radiator and where to buy it, that would be great. Also, any problems installing this radiator ? I would like to know that too.
Thanks
In my 07, I had to drain the A/C to swap out the radiator.

I didn’t have that problem, it was an easy swap. However use the internal hex wrench when you drain the radiator; using a regular external wrench will rip the drain plug in half.
Also, I recommend flushing the system before replacing the the radiator and make sure to use Gold fluid not green, not yellow, and not orange. Using the “replaces all fluid” will lead to certain death.

Attachments

• 20220610_091938.jpg
    20220610_091938.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 23
Just need a LONG extension for each side of the rad, and you unbolt the condenser. NO need to mess with the AC......

Just need a LONG extension for each side of the rad, and you unbolt the condenser. NO need to mess with the AC......
I don't know about that todd. I recall the bolts down there. I recall the fan shroud or Radiator wouldn't clear the condenser lines because of dog ears on one of the two.
It was a build 1, so maybe something changed in build 2.
No matter, just injecting my experience.

Either way, I’ve done about 8-10 of them. Never discharged AC.

So Todd

What brand of radiator do you use when you do the install? Where do you get them from?

Thanks

Motorcraft from Rockauto or the better one from Advanced auto. Have not installed the all aluminum one yet in a gen 2. Did 4 in the Gen 1.

Last edited:
Effing auto correct. Fixed.

Jane = Tarzans lady friend ;)

I didn’t have that problem, it was an easy swap. However use the internal hex wrench when you drain the radiator; using a regular external wrench will rip the drain plug in half.
Also, I recommend flushing the system before replacing the the radiator and make sure to use Gold fluid not green, not yellow, and not orange. Using the “replaces all fluid” will lead to certain death.
Used green when I did my 2010 flush

Latest posts