3 things....How rude!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian K 2

Reaction score
1.How rude I never introduced myself. My name is Brian. I just bought an 04w/ 22K miles. I am married, 5 years next month, to a wonderfull woman. I am in industrial maintenance, I have some ties with Ford. My wife is a real estate broker. We have two spoiled labs. A small chance we may have kids one day, although I am already 38. I love SW fishing and am 1 hour either way to Chesapeake Bay, VA or Oregon Inlet, NC. We live in NC. Thanks. I love the site, been very helpful so far.

2. Last 2 mornings starting the ST I hear a "whomp" sound just when I release the key. Almost sounds like the bendix isn't disengaging the flywheel? Doesn't do at work when starting for home.

3. Did Ford ever sell the ST w/ a factory tow hitch? If so what brand? Oppps thats 4 things. Thanks.

Brian, in reference to #1, since you love saltwater fishing, let me know if you're ever in central FL and if you want to go fishing. My fiance and I have a few (3) boats and take out aquaintences and friends all the time. You may consider yourself either since you won a ST. We accept any excuse to go fishing.

Brian, in reference to #1, since you love saltwater fishing, let me know if you're ever in central FL and if you want to go fishing. My fiance and I have a few (3) boats and take out aquaintences and friends all the time. You may consider yourself either since you won a ST. We accept any excuse to go fishing.

Awwww thats a great gesture. I can only imagine Fla fishing is crazy! BTW you mean I own not won an ST?:p I wish! Thanks...This is an example of why this site rocks!

I've had this "whomp" happen during ignition as well. On all occasions, my Trac had been sitting, parked, and undriven for an extended period, say about 24 or more hours. I hope everything is okiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and Good luck with the truck !!!!

Todd Z

Welcome- we had our first boy(now 3) when I was a young 43- its your wife's age that is the concern- fishing is great here in Key West....:cool:

Hey Lasik, we're going to take one of our boats down to the Keys in May. Any honey holes you're willing to devulge? ;) We're going to target Tarpon, permit and bonefish.

My '01 Job1 does the "whomp" thing after sitting a while, but it's typically when it warm out (~75F+). It seems like a fuel thing, not the starter.