35" KM2s Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will be suprised how much those tires are going to rub, and tear off your cladding when you turn the other direction with the wheels stuffed. Your front end needs to be about 2-3" higher than it sits now. I had a metric equilvalent of 33.5- 34" tire and it rubbed badly. That is when I finally said screw this and cut out the IFS.

Also you will want to rotate those tires every 3k miles or they will be shot quickly. The IFS suspension does not like 35's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I need more time off road to find any more rubbing but I have had them stuffed as best as I could get here on our property without using the tractor and I was able to turn lock to lock without rubbing. I haven't gotten it to rub on the front cladding at all but I can see which situations I would. I will be testing more next week and adjusting as necessary.

I'm religious about tire rotations. My brother-in-law also said the same thing about the KM2s. They were his second set.

I may have an opportunity for a D60 and D70 swap. I've never intended to keep the IFS.