350 Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Poche

Reaction score
looking at buying a 350Z for a third car(my ST wife has expy 350 Z? between the two of us) who has one and how do you like it, and which one do you have touring sport etc. thanks

IMO they are great rides. Want one that is completely modded out? 30K. Local speed shop has a customer selling his. 400HP to the wheels, racing suspension, racing seats, Stillen SC and Stillen exhaust. Wish I had the money to buy it as it would make a great street/track car. I sponsor a 350Z SCCA T2 car the owner is a fanatic about the car. This shop does some amazing work as they have worked on all our vehicles including my SVT Focus track car and 95 M3 Race Car.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I prefer the G35 over the 350Z. I like the looks of the G better, although the updates for '06 to the 350 have made it look quite a bit better and more upscale. The interior of the G is also better then the 350, which is kinda cheap feeling for a $30K car. The cars preform very well, and the ride isn't too harsh considering how tight the cars are (keep in mind that I drive a truck with all of 1" of suspension travel and no shocks, and don't think it has a harsh ride either). There is no shortage of aftermarket for either, although the 350Z gets more stuff over here.

I'm in the market for a RWD coupe as well, but I'm not even considering the G 35/0 Z, not because they aren't good cars, but rather they are way, way too popular around here.

i purchased one for my wife for her 50th bday in 2003. it's a touring edition, six speed with every option ( except nav. ). she loves the car and i have to fight her for the keys.

as fmarano mentioned it really is not a winter car. it is horrible in the snow, any snow.

other than that its been great. it has only 11k miles on it and it will be 3 years old this february. the only issue was premature front tire wear, and nissan replaced it with new ones.

one other note, there is a terrible blind spot on the pass side rear when backing up.

it handles great, has nice excelaration ( could be a little better ), and is real fun to drive.

the g35 is also a very good choice, but i think the 350 looks better. here on long island you can get a good deal on a used one . i have seen them in the low 20's for the lesser models.

at the track i was only able to pull low 14's due to excessive tire spin at the line, only was able to get 2 runs in but it should run 13.9-14.1.

Go with the G35 Coupe. Infiniti is made by Nissan, so the cars are pretty close. The Infiniti is just a larger version of the 350Z, seats 4 (instead of 2), and has a lot ore features. The G35 is also safer and has more power.