4" Superlift installation pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I had been asked to post some pics of the steps in the installation of my lift kit. I missed a few good shots during the install due to excitement when I finally reached each milestone of the installation and a dead camera battery, but these show some of major parts, and pains.

They are in my library, and I hope to finish the rear this weekend, if my replacement rear spring shows up. If you have any questions please feel free to email or ask here, as I can better explain the pain in the @$$ portions of each pic. :D

Chad

Good job with the pictures. I am sure it will help people out in the future.

I think I am going to do the same thing by taking detailed pictures of my lift as well.

Cant wait to see the end result. Have fun!

Snooze I would like to see your lift as well (mainly the torsion bar removal parts). I would like to do the coil over shock and get rid of the torsion bars.

I may call RCD and see what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant beleive what I did. While I was installing the rear lift I noticed something wrong. I forgot to install 2 bolts on each torsion bar drop bracket. I have installed the 2 bolts on each side, and now my lift is higher. It still is not as high as I thought it would be, but it is much better. And my torsion bar bolts are not all the way tightened as they were before. I am lucky I did not mess up my lift by my own mistakes.

Quick Question...

I see your pic with the torsion bar removal... but I dont quite understand how that removes the torsion bar...

I am installing lowering keys soon so this would help me to know.

But you use the 2 jaw puller to push up on it, then what?

In this picture you will see the torsion key that needs to be removed. You have to use the puller to raise the torsion bar, enough to slide this key out. I may be calling it the wrong thing but it is the part that the torsion bolt screws into, and then raises the torsion bar. [Broken External Image]:

Chad good to hear that you got it somewhat figured out, I was thinking over the weekend that maybe somehow you got the bars back in in the wrong orientation but it sounds like you found the source of your problem. Hope you eventually get the height you are looking for.

Hey chad I like your pic's. I just had the superlift put on my 03 st. I just got it back today. I was just wondering what size tires you are running. I have 33x12.50. I had to do some trimming in the rear. I just wanted to know if you had the same problem. Thanks

Quinn

Quinn,

Can you do me a HUGE favor and take some pics of your front end from the front. I would like to see the angle of your lower control arms. And your bump stops as well.

Similar to this pic.[Broken External Image]:

Also I have 32" tires no rubbing, and I also have 1.5" wheel spacers on back

Chad.

Thanks for the reply. My camera is not working at the moment. Plus we have all this snow. But from your pic I don't see anything different than on mine. Where you having a problem or did you just want to make sure they were the same? Are you running 15 or 16 inch wheels? I still have the stock wheels. I am want to switch to 15's I just don't know what backspacing I can run. I have heard you can run 3.75. I just don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.

Quinn

Chad,

Have been hearing any noise coming from your front end after you put your lift on? I am getting this noise that is driving me crazy. I can't find anything that is loose. The only thing I think it maybe is the bars that go up to the swaybar. They seem to move back and forth when you grab them. I am taking the truck back to the place that installed the lift on sat. I told them I as hearing the noise. they said they would look into it. Thanks.

Quinn

Quinn

Thats what was rattling on his truck too he got bushings and solved the problem im sure that you can find the post on here where he talked about it.

Chad the lift looks sweet its convinced me that its the way to go, when I secure the funding. Maybe a body lift ontop of this will get you the height your looking for.

Quinn,

I had a noise from the sway bar bushings. The kit does not come with sway bar bushing's on both ends. Here is what I did.

[Broken External Image]:

I still do not understand why, but I installed my own bushings to solve the noise I was having. The problem with adding your bushing's is that you will have to cut them in half.

It still does not seem like I got the full 4" of lift though I have been told my torsion bars could be wearing out or getting weak. So I may go to a salvage yard and see if I can find some used bars before I buy new.

Or I may look into putting coil over shocks on the front and remove the torsion bars.

Chad,

Thanks for the pic. I had a feeling that was were my noise was coming from. Plus the fact that I don't hear it when I am on an offramp.(do to the fact the truck is leaning a bit.) Thanks again for your help.

I didn't measure my truck before the lift, but to me it seems like I have all 4 inches of the lift.