440,000 Km and not opened yet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G M 2

Reaction score
A work acquaintance has a 01 ST.He came by my home today to check out mine. He has over 440,000 Km on it and still hasnot had an engine or tranny rebuild. Not even a valve job. Just regualar service, brakes, plugs etc. I'd say, that is a fine automobile by any standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry, how does that Trac look? I'm wondering how the body would hold up after all those miles. Also, did you get to ride in it? I'm curious if there were a lot of squeeks and rattles. I hope to get that many miles out of mine. :D

There is no dents or body rust whatsoever, however the rear bumper is looking a little shabby and the wheels could be replaced. Tailgate has a rattle over bumps (an adjustment I would think). Interior is very good. He had these tough seat covers on the front. Everything works. Even the paint has not faded. However this guy is not your everyday owner. He is obsesive about his toys. He uses the ST to pull a 18 foot travel trailer and travels LOTS. A retired police brother in fact. I have known him for over 20 years and he bought the truck new and retired the next year. He is driving this truck until the 07 hits the dealer and giving this one to his grandson.

That's great news. That kind of mileage and in the great white north too which is hard on a car.

I thought my '86 Cherokee 4cyl/5speed was doing good at 215,000 w/1 engine rebuild. Just saw an '87 Cherokee Chief for sale - thing looks great. Has the 4.0L 6 and automatic. Talked to the gal selling she's had since new, never any engine or tranny rebuilds. Nothing major ever wrong and the thing has 340,000 miles!! She should call Guiness.

Wow, if she has an 86 Cherokee with that many miles she should call Guiness. Might be the only model from the 80's still running. They had a terrible repair record back then. I know several people that had them and they all practically gave them away just to get rid of them. About the only thing worse was the Ford Bronco II, which I had and couldn't wait to get rid of.

My sister had a Bronco II. The engine sounded like the pistons were swapping holes! :lol: