4x4 Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Davis

Reaction score
I posted a reply to a 4x4 problem I was having but it somehow got buried in all the posts so I thought I would ask again.

My 4x4 stopped working this weekend. No click, no lights, nothing. So I came back here and found some useful suggestions including tapping the 4x4 motor to loosen it up. My question was where is the 4x4 motor.

Thanks guys and sorry for the repetition.

It is not the best picture, But if you look just to the left of the muffler, you can see the drive shaft, IT goes on to the transfer case, thats where the motor is located...

I would bet it is the module though..

Todd Z[Broken External Image]:

The module does fail. The motor on mine failed THE FIRST TIME I USED IT. Weird thing was that there was no click like I would expect with a good module (some relay noise, something).

Thanks!!...

There are more pictures in my library...

Todd Z

I bought my ST in June 2001 and the 4x4 module did go out 2 months later. It was still under warranty thank goodness.

I live in a small town and have to take my ST at least 30 miles away and sit with it for several hours I'm sure. So, I want to make sure I do all the quick fixes before I resort to that.

Thanks again

Latest posts