4X4 or 4X2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M B

Reaction score
Can you Sport Trac freaks help me. Is there any sites that prove more 4X4's or 4X2's are sold for the ST's? Actual data. Thanks.

I believe 4X2 is... Since California, Georgia, Florida and Texas are the highest sale states for the ST.... Those alone equal almost 1/2 the sales...

Todd Z

Todd, do have a site proving that? I need proof to settle a friendly conversation. :rolleyes:

I had the email sent to me by ford with the Numbers but cant find it...

Just tell them Todd Z said it so it is true !!! :lol::lol::lol::p:p

Todd Z

Oh, that would be awesome if you could find that Todd!!! Of, course, I think I would look like an ass now. I figured 4X4's would be more sold. Oh, well. Also, I don't think anyone on the Hyundai site would know who you are Todd. Even if I told them your one of many ST experts here. :rolleyes: With the hot sauce.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well M B I'm sure the 4x4 is much more popular here in Maine, betting that there are very few 4x2's sold here. Just say that is what you meant. :)

I can't firedog. It's a "know it all" Canadian. (No offense to any Canadians here.) But this one on this site is a pain in the ass!! I just wanted to shoot him down on this one.

In the region I live, they don't sell any 4x4's unless they are ordered (and even that can be a pain in the butt).

Daeron- The opposite here.

firedog- You would think so. But this guy claims there's more 4X2's sold in general. I can't hardly believe him because it's a Hyundai site and that's really all he knows. But he claims he know about the Sport Tracs too. I'm like, why? :huh:

If Todd Z is correct, and from what I've seen he seems to be most of the time, then I would agree that there are more 4x2's sold. I bet a very large percentage of the ones sold in the above listed states are 4x2's as 4x4's are not needed by most. I had a 4x2 truck once and never again atleast not unless I move. In Canada I would think there would be more 4x4's. How about those numbers Todd??

Oh and MB I see where you are from, you ever go to the drive-in in Bridgton, I went there twice this summer in the ST we loved it.

Been there for the drive-in a few times and pass through there a lot on the way to the Mt. Washington area, we love North Conway and the Kaucmagamus (sp?) highway. In the summer Naples always seems so busy right "downtown" there. Only stopped there once a couple years ago for a round of mini-golf. I see this last time through that you have a couple new tourist shops that were not there before. Always thought about taking a ride on the big paddle boat there.