4x4 Wheel hubs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Anyone buy those wheel hubs off ebay? I see them for 169.00 for 2. Locally they are 169.00 each from NAPA, Autozone, etc...

I am sure the ebay units are Asian made and may be junk, but was curious..

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw those this week.

Might have to put a hub in this weekend on my `03, or a CV axle. Havent' really checked completly yet, but L/F wheels acting weird, so cant tell until i jack up the tire and see what moves around? i thought the ebay ones were for the base explorer or pre `03 S/T, and that the Sport Trac ones were different...that the way i read it? Autozones site list the `03 S/T hub at $200, while Advanced auto parts site list it at the $169. Both places are special order. Hope I only need the CV, which is only $70, and is in stock.

Email them and ask, But sometimes you do get what you pay for....

Todd Z

Well, it was the bearing, tire was almaost ready to come off... so ordered the $165 hub from Advanced. Had it the next day. It is National brand. After ordering it, i also found a Timken part number for it, and found a Timken brand for $117, and $10 ship. Rockauto.com has the $117 Timken, and their National is $170. Googled the timken number and found it listed on Amazon also. This is on a 2003, and i think I'll just get a Timken from Rockauto, when the other side starts to go. Timken actually makes the bearing, so can't be that bad. Have used Timken bearings all my life.

Latest posts