60 mph in just 4.1 seconds -- Cost $56,990

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I wish I had that much cash lying around. Lotus is putting out some really cool cars. Only twice the price of a MazdaSpeed 6, and a LOT faster. See link below for the story...:cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend has a Lotus Elise (well, he got it for his wife)...they are fast enough she got a ticket for doing 120mph getting onto the freeway (she was still on the on-ramp)!!!

The bad part about the car, you are near sitting on the ground, and to get in or out, you have to crawl over the bottom door jam.

I'll take a 2007 Shelby GT500.

HP: 500

Torque: 475 lb-ft

0-60 in ~4.5 seconds.

Price range: mid-$40,000's. Can't beat the bang-for-the-buck aspect of this car!

And best of all... It's a Shelby!

You didn't include the $15k markup on the GT500 :p Exige handles WAY better then the GT500 ever will (prolly has a wee bit to do with the weight). Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down either car, but right now, I'll stick with my Terminator :)

Personally, I think that picture looks more like a yellow toy, than a real car.

The other day I watched a TV show about make the Ferrari 599. Now that is some car. Then this last week end as I was taking my walk on the 17-Mile Drive, a 599 drove past. I almost tripped over my tongue, I was drooling so bad. LOL

I love the Lotus also ,the shelby is alot more then 15k

mark up,I was at Plantation Ford Monday and the one in the showroom had

a sticker 0f 80k witch included the 32700 market adjustment.

Exige will run circles around a GT 500. It might be a Shelby but it is still a FORD! Maybe that markup will help the Billions of dollars Ford will lose this year. Yeah, wishful thinking.

There's a dealership around here that won't sell you their GT500 unless you buy a GT with it.

There's some fancy driving in this video. :wub:

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2338926762389830620&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Exige S is probably damn near the best handling car ever made. Putting a supercharger on an already good motor and tweaking the suspension a bit takes that car into a whole new league. But, there are faster cars, much faster cars, just not for that kind of money. Hopefully Lotus worked out how to get the thing to go faster then 150 mph. Make a heckuva track car.

The Ferrari 599 is a whole 'nother story. Just about every Ferrari made since the Enzo has been absolutely awesome. Right now, no one makes a better car then Ferrari. But...Ferrari could take some styling lessons....

I saw one of those Lotus's on the road the other day. It looks much better in pictures and in in person. It looks very small and junky in my opinion.

BTW, there is a dealership here selling the Shelby for $68,000 on sale!

George

Jeez, mustangs, there are 3 on every block. The new ones are much better, but still too common.

For the money, I can't think of a car that would be so fun in the mountains as the Lotus, maybe the STI at 21k less.

Shelby? eh... Lotus... eh..... yes they are nice.

My car before my sport trac was a 2004 WRX STI... AWD launches = amazing... winter driving = amazing... handeling = amazing. A modded EVO and STI make my heart sing.

Only car i take before them would be the newer vette Z06 flavor ;)