60 mph in just 4.1 seconds -- Cost $56,990

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the WRX STi when I was shopping for my new car. The AWD would have been nice today in the snow, but I didn't see anything special about it. It just looked to "ricey" to me with that big wing on the back. If I had bought a month later, I would have probably bought the MazdaSpeed 3. Those are sweet!

Oh, nelson, did you drive one? One drive and I was sold. . . a buddy of mine here on base just bought an Elise . .dark green w/black top . . wow, its beautiful . .

I drove one. I also drove a Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa, Scion xA, Toyota Corolla, and a Mini Cooper. Out of all of those, WRX handled great and was fast, but I didn't like the price, cargo space or interior. The Sentra had an awesome stereo system, but was bland otherwise. The Versa was very nice, except the engine was way under-powered and loud. The Scion and Mini Cooper were just too small for a daily driver. The Mazda3 had a good balance of all the features I was looking for in a vehicle.

I dream of getting a Lotus, but no way it would be my primary vehicle.

The Versa was very nice, except the engine was way under-powered and loud

Ummm, what were you driving? My girlfriend bought a versa, 6 speed manual tranny. You can't even hear that engine. It runs lows revs on the highway as well so you don't notice there either. It has quite a bit of pep. Did you drive the 6 speed? Or an auto? Maybe that is the difference.

Nelson - maybe that is the difference. Most of the reviews I have read also mention how quite it is. The one we test drove was manual as well, so I can't comment on the auto or the CVT trannies.