?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracn Black

Reaction score
What excatly does Wayne Foy provide with his business. I know it is performance related, but can you tell me the advantages to useing his product.

What does he need from me. I know he needs some type of pcm code.... I will be at the dealer on thursday, and I'd like to get all this info for him then

TIA

Chris:wacko::rolleyes:

No , I have not bought a XCal2 programmer from Wayne for the 07 ST>

WWW.HYPILLAUTO has no info on what the hell it does!!!

Spend a couple $$$$ & trust that it works?

What the hell does it do?

Chris

Out:D:D:D

As long as you have been around here you don't know what a computer flsher does?

Simply put, you plug it into your Trac's computer via the OBD-II port under the dash. You download the stock program. You then upload the new program. It changes the fuel curves and ignition timing.

The result? More power and performance.

Tom

You can also re-tune for better gas milage; if that means anything to you. This should be more clear as it was copied from their (SCT Flash) web site.

The First Compact Hand Held Flash Tool to feature COMPLETE USER ADJUSTABILITY & BUILT IN DATA LOGGING!

Pre-Programmed with up to 3 tune files by your local SCT Custom Tuning Dealer (i.e. Wayne Foy) Data Logging via SCT's Live Link Software Read / Clear & Diagnose DTC Trouble Codes / Check Engine Lights with ease

The SCT XCalibrator 2 is designed for Custom Tuning applications and for use with our Advantage 3.0 Custom Tuning Software by our network of SCT dealers. This tool offers our network of Certified SCT Dealers a reliable and quick flash tool for your Ford Custom Tuning requirements. Tool stores up to 3 Custom Tune files while storing the factory tune, however ships blank.

The XCalibrator 2 Features COMPLETE User Adjustability as set by your SCT Dealer

User Adjustable Feature:

Fuel Adjustment - Yes

Spark Adjustment - Yes

Read / Clear OBD-II Trouble Codes - Yes

Axle Ratio Selection - Yes*

Tire Size Selection - Yes

Idle RPM - Yes

Cooling Fan On / Off Temperature - Yes

Automatic Shift Control - Yes

*1999+ Vehicles ONLY. Not applicable for Diesel vehicles

User adjustable features, availability, and range of adjustment may vary based on your vehicle and custom tuning dealer.

Listed on www.hypillauto.com if you click on "Xcalibrator2"

http://www.hypillauto.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=38&osCsid=8c3e5620cfc1982c8885b5cc7d25593d

- Increases Horsepower, Torque & Throttle Response

- Pre-Programmed with up to 3 Custom Calibrations specifically for your vehicle

- Retains Factory Calibration for easy restoration back to the stock calibration

- Easy installation. No tools necessary

- Easy to use display & keypad interface

- Quickly Flashes PCM via OBD-II diagnostic port

- Integrated Data logger captures Hundreds of your vehicles ECU parameters

- Monitor & Adjust your vehicles Data & Performance

- Diagnose Check Engine Lights ON ANY FORD

- Clear Trouble Codes ON ANY FORD

- Fuel Adjustment

- Spark Adjustment

- Axle Ratio Selection

- MAF Selection

- Tire Size Selection

- Fuel Injector Selection

- Idle RPM Adjustment

- Cooling Fan Selection

- Traction Control Selection

- Automatic Trans Wide Open Throttle Selections

- HIA includes both cables needed for

upload/updating and data logging!!!

- We offer free Naturally Aspirated Tune updates

for 6 months with EVERY PURCHASE!!!

That sure seems like a little more info than "no info"

Thank you guys for "clarifiying" that a little better for me. When it comes to all that techinical type stuff, I really don't understand it.

I think I'll order the programmer today!

OK...Now I've got to ask the obvious question...if there is a "preferred" computer setup for the vehicle that provides best performance, why does ford ship the vehicle from the factory with something other than that "best performance" setting as the "OEM" settings?

why does ford ship the vehicle from the factory with something other than that "best performance" setting as the "OEM" settings?

Little things like the EPA, CAFE, Insurance regulations, and making the most people happy are why.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: