$99.06

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 1,45 Euro/liter in Germany. ($1.55 = 1 Euro, ~4 liters per gallon) That comes to $9.00/gallon in US dollars.

prm, we definitely pay much more in Europe. In Poland, last week the price for diesel dropped to almost $7/gal, but now it is back to $8/gal for diesel and $8.50/gal for unleaded. Luckily, I get 45-50 miles per gallon.

Yet Venezuela has gas under 25 cents a gallon, because "cheap gas is a venezuelan birthright". Shouldn't that be an American right as america created the demand for gasoline single-handedly :(

Last I checked Puerto Rico had lower gas prices then the rest of the country, which seems illogical as gas should have to be shipped there.

I don't think I've bought gas more than 4 times a month this year, and I don't thik I've even done it thrice this month, but I don't have my book at had to check. I'm slowly approaching the once-a-month fillup idea, though if only there were ways to get "free" gas like what caymen mentioned, but those kind of offers don't seem to exist here :(

Nobleman,

John McCain actually suggested a fuel tax holiday this summer. Of course, he can't make it happen by himself. Congress has to present an approved bill for the President to sign.

25.00 is 25.00, and I'd rather save it then spend it, though I believe that more would be saved without a gas tax.

Obama's argument for contesting the bill is retarded--if the gas tax was needed as it kept bridges from collapsing, then why did that minneapolis bridge that he mentions collapse? We had the gas tax then, and the bridge spectacularly failed. Without a gas tax, we can't do worse...

(Btw, thanks for posting this Nelson, I hadn't heard about it yet.)

Though if the _state_ gas tax was also put on hiatus, there would be significant savings ;)

Kevin

The infrastructure of this nation is falling apart, bridges are failing, we need an increase in the fed gas tax and need to make sure these funds are used to keep the highways and byways in order.

I live in silicone valley calif, one of the more wealthy countys in the nation,BUT our roads are awfull, 6inch potholes are very common, you learn to drive the diff lanes on your way around town.

How are we to pay to have the repairs done?

The repairs are not being done. The gas tax supposedly pays for repairs, but the money isn't going there. Gas tax is also supposed to keep public transit costs down, but the cost of the heinous public transit near me goes up drastically each week. Discounted bus passes went from 39 to 55 dollars in 2 weeks (monthly pass).

The gas tax is failing us, I don't know where the money is going, but it isn't making my roads better.

I pay 60.3 cents in combined taxes on gasoline. My state is small, you would think that they could maintain the roads. Especially roads right outside the State Capital, which lie in the Sprawl, right between Washington DC and Baltimore. You would think that the roads to our state and nation's capital and largest city could be maintained, but they just can't.

Pretty soon I'll have to get a lift and monster-truck like tires for my daily commute, as the potholes keep getting bigger, and they go across the road. I have driven the ST down the median to avoid them when traffic is light, but everyone does that so now the median is a giant hole, and the few backroads (peninsula) were heinous to begin with.

It has been 5 years since repairs have been made to the semi-major road that I'm mentioning, and longer since it was paved. In 5 years the state gas tax has gone up by over 33%....the potholes have grown by twice that, at least.

Is the gas tax just skimmed off the budget and into the private "coffers" of politicians? I really wouldn't hesitate to believe it, there is no empirical evidence to the contrary.

You know it's sad but true :(

If the gas tax is going to repair PA's highways, why is the state government looking to not only increase fares on the turnpikes, but also to turn 80 into a toll route, too?

The only way to save the US is to disband the IRS, kill the income tax, move to a sales/corp tax base only, and use all of that as a means to cut spending on worthless programs. More money would be in the economy if we did that, sales would boom, more taxes would be levied and we could then rebuild our country.

TJR

Texas announced that they were going to roll back 20 cents of the state taxes on gasoline last spring, but it never happened??? I even emailed one of the local TV stations that announced that story and never got a reply.

Gas prices had gone down, but it did so very gradually and not a full 20 cents worth

well here in our neck of PA....3.659 as of Yesterday. I wish the Gov't would drop the taxes on it ..and make the oil companies pay the differences! they make enough to.

Let's say the feds drop the tax on gasoline. I guarantee that the price of oil will shoot up as the investors/speculators predict that demand will increase in the U.S.

Latest posts