A bit of help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel McCall

Reaction score
I bought my '04 Sport Trac barely used with only 9k miles on it and she runs great. However i've noticed that on almost ALL the glass there are sun or soap spots. They aren't really visible unless you're looking for them but now that I found them they're a real pain.

I've tried washing over and over, i've used windex inside and out but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these spots?

waterspots... maybe try some coke (liquid kind), or maybe a little CLR (in a discretew place first-- no idea what it will do to the glass). Mine usually come off with glass cleaner, but I keep rainex on my glass......

Got lucky, and I got it for a steal. I live in Columbia (home of the Gamecocks) and since it's Clemson Orange I guess they gave it up before it got egged :D

But for 9k miles on it, still brand new - new smell and everything. How could I resist?

Mother's Chrome Polish should work, even stated on the container, safe for glass. Stay away from the rubber and plastic trims around the windows.

Klasse All-in-One (Red Jug) worked on my '91 RX-7 windshield, made it crystal clear, removed all the layered hazy spots after the wiper swiped by and made raindrops roll away, even drove in the rain without turning on the wipers at times. Treatment every six months was enough for me.

Lucky you for getting hold of a rare Comp Orange:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, In your sig, you forgot the Throttle body spacer...LOL :lol::lol:

Use mothers aluminum mag wheel polish. Works great! I used it on a car that used to drive to the chemical plant I worked at... It amazed me.....

If the "spot" pattern is consistent over the whole viewing area, they are created by quench marks from the glass tempering process. Typically it is the rear lite that is effected in the process. They are there to stay. I've been in the glass bsn. for years.

Hey Dan, did I mention this site to you on your cardomain home page? I gave you your last star. Gary D. in CT ( tv-tech)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts