A Blackberry Thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Wustman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have been on the board!

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts, opinions, etc... on the different Blackberry phones. My current contract with Sprint is up next months, and I am trying to decide which Blackberry I want as well as which wireless provider to go with.

At this point, I am leaning towards the Blackberry Bold with At&t.

Thanks for the advice!!

My Verizon is no better than the Sprint I left when the last contract ended. I'm thinking ATT in November when this contract is up.

I've got the World Edition 8830. It's not very "worldly" and didn't work in Honduras, Mexico or Bonaire. Npt sure how much of that was Verizon or the phone.

I have the Storm and LOVE it but have not heard any complaints about the Bold. I support about 20 blackberries where I work and we have a mix of carriers and devices. If you are looking to stay with AT&T wait a little longer for the 9700 Onyx. ;)

George

I did the blackberry thing with a curve for a bit but grew tired of the whole "blackberry" craze. I have a blackjack 2 now and i like it.

My problem with AT&T is that my local covereage is spotty (dropped calls) whereas Verizon is rock-solid for the same coverage area. My other problem with AT&T is smart-phone/Blackberry related and relates to travel. I have nationwide and European data coverage, but it is a crapshoot when traveling. Most of the time my data works, but not all the time. Often I have to take out the SIMM card and reboot the BB to get it to handshake with the region I travel to. That same thing has happened a couple of times even while at home.

TJR

The Blackberry "Tour" is quite popular right now. Lots of good reviews, VS the Storm, which has been taking a bashing by the users. My Verizon contract on my Pearl is up now, but I'm waiting for the Tour's price to come down. My guess is that within two months it will be available for both new accounts, and two year renewals for $99. Be aware that if using Verizon, you will have a monthly data plan fee. Runs anywhere from $29 to $40 per month.

I have the Nokia E63. Great phone and it has all the Blackberry functionality. I travel internationally a lot, so it is great when I forget to bring my charger or I forget my plug adapter, that I can buy an extra anywhere. Try that with a Blackberry. There is also a app called Gizmo which is similar to Skype. I can call anywhere for just a penny a minute as long as I have an available wi-fi connection. I've used this in hotels coffee shops and even walking in the street in Prague. On the street, just walk a block and you are almost certain to find a wi-fi net that you can borrow for a few minutes. ;)

I travel internationally a lot, so it is great when I forget to bring my charger or I forget my plug adapter, that I can buy an extra anywhere. Try that with a Blackberry.

Blackberry's charge off of USB, it doesn't get any easier to find than that.

Latest posts