A\C line leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean M 2

Reaction score
Hey guys, this weekend I installed a body lift on the ST, all went well (took about 15 hrs tho) however, the A\C line was too short, and made contact with the idler pulley. I realized it too late and the hose was shot. I believe it is on the low pressure side. It runs from the compressor on the engine to the black canister on the passenger side firewall. Its a hard line up top but turns soft where the leak is. My question: can I splice the hose with the added length and some hose clamps or would this not be a good idea due to leaks. As always, thank you for any help you can give.

The pressure is still too high....

Any good A/C shop can simply take your old hose, and machine clamp on a longer rubber part for you.... Should cost no more that $40.00 bucks....

Todd Z

Well the pressure on the hose,when the a.c. is off can reach close to 400 pounds, when it is hot inside the engine compartment. I would suggest that you buy a new tube. I believe that the hose you are talking about is the manifold and tube. Part number 19d734. But look at the parts book at the store you get it from or like Todd said take it buy an a.c. place and let them decide and guarantee the work. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Todd and Blackhat, I was pretty sure I had to go the new hose route but just wanted to check with you guys first. As always, this site is priceless.

Sean, I also just thought that they may be able to cut it where it rubbed and insert a solid piece in there in case it hits again....

I know it is 4 clamps not 2, but it may be a little better....

Todd Z

Latest posts