A couple mod questions???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz 44

Reaction score
i was wondering if i could get some opinions on MAC Cold Air vs. K&N Intake?? Which do you think is better?? And what shocks i should go with either Bilstein or the Rancho RS9000X?? Those two items are next for my S/T...

I have the MAC intake, so I can only tell you about it. I know that the biggest difference is that the MAC has a chrome tube, whereas the K&N doesn't. I have had no problems with it.

can you notice a big differnece in horsepower?? or not?? it prolly just adds a lil bit of horsepower.. do you know anything about the shocks?? on which is better??

i just installed the rancho rs9000x and love them oh yeah hurry if u want them they r buy 3 get on free and also samsoffroad has the best price by far. i paid 203 for all four. sorry no input on intake dont have one yet.

Grizz 44,

An intake like the K&N or MAC do not add horsepower, they free it up. Since most OE intake systems are geared towards noise reduction, an aftermarket intake is louder and allows air to enter the engine with less restriction, the gains are there. Do not expect an intake to make it a Mustang. You will gain a maximum of 5 to 10 HP. Not much considering the Trac weighs at over 2 ton.

I have a K&N. K&N is a well respected name in the industry. The price is higher but, IMO, worth every penny. If I were buying a filter today, I would seriously check out the Volant intake.

As for shocks. I am running Monroe Reflex shocks. I am satisfied with them. Bilstein makes a darn nice shock. They are very high quality. I installed Bilstein shocks on our 34' Class A motorhome and the ride is awesome. I don't know much about the Rancho shocks you mentioned, but Rancho does also make a nice shock. Either way you go, you will be more then happy with them.

Tom

I've got the MAC installed mainly 'cause it was a little less than K&N. Had the exhuast upgraded with FlowMaster 50 and dual exhaust pipes, then the Xcal2, but once I put the MAC on she took off.

D-

Deryck, how much did it cost to get dual exhaust put on your S/T cuz i have been looking everyone and can't find one that is worth forking the money over for yet... unless i am just lloking at the wrong places..

Ohhh, I think is was about $450. for the Flowmaster 50 and the dual chrome tips.

Not bad for me considering all the searching online and at couple different exhaust places in my area. I researched the prices about as well as I could and found that the place that installed the FM was charging about the same as I would have paid to purchase it myself.

The pipes were a little tricky because of the underside of the ST, just was not designed to have them coming straight out the back.

Sorry about the delay in responding!:cool:

D-

P.S.

Man, that is one nice ST.

Seeing as how your in the other 'Washington' area I'd do a little research on those places around your way and compare prices. Maybe lower than here near 'Washington' DC to have it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts