A little offroading (PICS!!)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were out on the beach in N. Carolina on Cape Fear. Had a ball with the 4x4 Explorer. Got to a few areas I thought were were going to get stuck. Lost my nerve and got back on the road. Maybe not being used to 4x4 and not being used to sand was the reason I was freaked.

Maybe because we were by ourselves is the reason. Not sure, but sand is not like mud.

Tom

I was down in Avon NC riding on the beach. It was before the ST. I had my '97 Explorer. Did great as long as I "aired down".

Did you guys have to air down the tires in the Trac??

The first day we went on the beach we aired down to 25 psi. It was raining a lot that day. But the day of the pics i decided to just leave at the 45psi i use on the street and wait till i got stuck to air them down. But it never happened. Had some close calls but always ended up getting out.

post the video clay!

I'll try. Its kinda weak though.

Here is a video shaun requested. We later found some that went up to the doors, made my motor start doing its little chirping thing again that it did last i went through water but its goo

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a video of jockey's ridge. Im the one in red.

Im not too sure how many of you will get to see it, i think you may only be able to view it if your friends with me on facebook, or friends with the girl who posted it. So if noone can see it shaun can tell you about it.;) its a real head banger:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Clay, was up in that area last year. Had the wife's Mountie though. There are some fun areas. That was the first time for me driving on a beach like that. Amazing at what vehicles some people will try to use to go up it. I saw a Minivan buried to the floorboards. They thought that since it was AWD, they'd have no problems. Maybe so, but they were also towing a trailer stacked full or crap. Our house was at milemarker 8.8. Not far from the Virginia Boarder.

I told the wife, next time we go, I'm taking the ST. The Stability Control in the Mountie sucks when on sand and having to drive in the ruts.:D;)

Latest posts