A million quesitons for my upcoming lift project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where is the best deal for a tt/sl lift for the sport trac and where is the best place to find it? How much should I expect to pay for a body lift, tt/sl and a set of shocks? What shocks do you recommend? What are some good tire options for a 33 inch set? Answers to these questions would be appreciated. Sorry for the million questions?

Do a search in projects for the TT. There are pictures and steps on how to do it. Once you do it, ride some and check your lift on both sides and just level it up. Then get the front end aligned. I went to Sears. There are many places to get shackles from. I built my own. I put rancho rsx's all around and 285-75-16's with just a few minor rubbing isues. These tires are almost a 33. got to 4wheelparts.com. That is where I got my tires, rims, and shocks. Good people to work with! I hope this helps.[Broken External Image]:

I got my shackles from 4 Wheel Parts for about $55 (part number WAR-153, Warrior Products) and had a local alignment shop install them, do the TT and realignment, cost about $180.

Hey HO :) Those are ProComp Xterrains arent they? I have them as well, same size... How long have you had them, and how do you like them? Also, mind me asking about what you paid for those wheels, they look good?

I did a TT/Shackle lift, and put 285/70/17 wheels and tires on my truck. The goodyears are gone now I have BFG tires. Those goodyears were junk, stay away from them, they do not hold balance. The guys at NTB were shocked I was spending 1k for new tires when the Goodyears had lots of life left. So I told the guy look up my name and see how many times I have been here getting them re-balanced.

[Broken External Image]:

HAy Lane.

Yes they are. I love them! Had them for about a month now. When I left Indiana with 7" of snow on the ground, they just did what I thought they would! Tires, wheels, nuts, center caps and shipping was around $1400. All I had to do was jack her up and put them on.

3" body lift - 200.00 of member - i think they go for 279.00 on summitracing.com

got bf all terrains ta's 285/75/16 - minor rubbing when i turn to the right all the way (havent trimmed yet)

Have Monroe reflex's all the way around (same shock as the rancho RSX with different cover)

Dallas[Broken External Image]:

Im not sure how much the shops are around you are, but I paid 450 for my body lift. Thats por parts and install, but I had also called other shops prior and they had told me as high as 800 because nobody caries a specific ST body lift for years other than 00-01. As for a tt/sl you should be able to do that yourself depending on your skills. if not, I couldnt imagine a shop charging anymore than about 100 bucks for the labor (probobly 2 hours labor)

When I did my lift, I did the body lift, shackle lift, torsion twist, and axle flip. after it was all said and done between parts and labor the lift cost me about 1400 dollars. Then my wheels and tires ran me about 800 dollars for 35/12.5/15's and 15 inch wheels (but I got cost, usually about 1250).

Depending how big you end up wanting to go, you can stay around 2000 safely. Just do alot of research at the shops in your area and see what they say.