A new personal low

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
Hey guess what? I just posted my lowest MPG yet. I'm pretty sure it's accurate based on my consistent fill up procedure. ..level surface, 3 clicks at shutoff, etc, etc. Everything is running fine, so I attribute it to having a bunch of 4WD fun in the snow!

[Broken External Image]:

Winter blended fuel and having fun in 4x4 in a snow will do that every time. My milage is about the same under those conditions

I got 10 mpg on Wed. night. I was pulling a 6x10 enclosed trailer loaded up with a king size bed, queen size bed, 2 dressers, 2 night stands and 4 Bridgestone Dueler Revo Tires. All of this was going to my brother in Northern VA. Took a while to get it all wedged into the trailer, and it was packed pretty full. Driving with the OD off really sucks down gas on the highway. Just to keep from getting run over on 95 means traveling 70-75, which equates to about 3.5 grand on the tach....

I guess this doesn't make me feel so bad for dropping to 28.39 mpg in my Toyota on the last fillup. I can't blame 'winter gas' here in Oklahoma, just poor driving habits.