A Nissan Titan or Wait for 2007 Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Lindenmeyer

Reaction score
As a former owner of a 2001 and 2003 Sport Trac (now a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer), I recently moved and need a truck (never should have traded in the 2003 ST...I know). I like the Titan and F150, but is it worth waiting for the 2007 Sport Trac? I don't need a Full Size Truck, but is a loaded S/T going to be $30k+ w/ V8? I can get a Lariat F-150 4x4 for $31-32 after rebate and X-Plan, or a Titan LE for $30 with Fleet Pricing through CostCo and rebates.

Opinions appreciated.

Nissan Titan is really nice... I had some problems, but I wouldn't call it quits on Nissan, so I would go with the Titan...

I just got rid of my ST for this.. :)[Broken External Image]:

My old Titan had a few problems... some say I was the problem, but I believe Nissan was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Nissan has brake problems. Talked to the dealer and they will replace them anytime, and they indicated that they would be the new system that is 06. I was looking at the 05 Titan (for the rebate), but I also might just go ahead and get the F-150 - just saw the rebate is $4000 (or $5000 with Ford Financing). Pretty tough to wait on a 07 ST that in Limited Trim will be 28-33k with no rebates at X-Plan pricing. Anyone know the price on the 2007 Limited V8 4x4 Sport Trac?

The titan is better than the tundra in my opinion (sorry "mud flap" haha). The titan just looks a bit meaner.

In my opinion, wait for the 07 trac. When they stuff a V8 under that hood, the sport trac will FINALLY run like it SHOULD HAVE when it came out in 2001. A few mods will EASILY put you over 300 horses, and I am here to vouch that a 300 horsepower trac kicks some serious arse. Exhaust, CAI and a tune would send you over 300 ponies. That's going to be one of the great "sleeper" trucks out there as far as power goes. Then when the SVT model comes out...wowza. If you can afford something that expensive and love horsepower, I'm sure you'll have many of us drooling if you get the SVT Adrenaline. ;)

I think if I was going to buy a new truck right now, which I'm not because I'm happy with my Trac (plus I'm broke), I would get the new Mitsubishi Raider. It's an awesome truck. Of course it's new so who knows how it will stand up but Mitsubishi has a pretty good rep.

If you don't need a fullsize truck and you are considering an import anyhow, why not look at the Frontier or the Tacoma? Of course I'm a little partial to the Nissan :lol: but most reviews of the two have them nearly neck and neck.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the Titan! I hear really good things about them. If you don't like it, you can always trade for a '08 SportTrac after they get some of the bugs out of them.

Gavin,

I have heard bad things about the Titan. I am sure Josh L could give you more details.

Tom

Caymen,

I have heard bad things about the Sport Tracs.

Transmission problems, bad IAC motors, MAF sensors, not enough horsepower, excessive wind noise, etc.

;)

Very true. That is my point. For each vehicle made, there will be ones with problems. Personally, my Trac has been very reliable. Sometimes, some people always have problems no matter what they drive. Could it be a coincidence. Who knows for sure?

Tom

Latest posts