aaahhhh!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
ok so i cleaned out my IAC valve or at least i cleaned out what i could. i let it be a little bit then turned it on. and it sounded like my 1971 corvette. it sounded choppy and like it was choking. i let it sit there in idle for liek 5 minutes and it calmed down but then strted again with the noises. the RPMs show it jumps from like 500 to 1500 rpm and liek dances around. i dont know whats wrong but id really like to know if neones had this problem. thanks

no i didnt disconnect the battery. do i disconnect it now then connect it again?just so it can like refresh?i dont know what a vacuum leak is but id like to know how to fix it or if i have to buy one and where i can buy it. thanks

I don't think you want to buy a vacuum leak :p Make sure that the IAC valve is seated all the way back in and check anything that you might have moved to get to it to make sure it is plugged in or tight or whatever it may need to be :)

Go ahead and disconnect the battery for 15-20 min to clear the learning to see if that helps any.

Latest posts