AC Panel--- need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Well I know someone came across this problem before but I cant find the post on it. Yesterday I was driving down the road when I realized that I can only choose MAX or Minimum for fan power from my ac panel. the first three settings all barley blow out anything but the highest setting still works. Does anyone know hat I can do?

Check the plug on the blower resister, see if it is loose or melted....

Then remove the resistor and see if it is any good, you may have to replace the resistor..

Todd Z

look just below the blower motor housing under the hood, it is on the bottom right of the motor housing with some wires going to it..

Todd Z

Here you go.....

Todd Z

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=894216&sitename=mysporttrac

Hey , since you guys are on AC's my AC ( 2002 2wd SP) went out this summer and I have to get it charged. Any hidden problems to look out for? Its on full AC and Im getting warm air. Should i look for winter specials?

Thanks for any help..........

Trudat.....

refrigerant doesn't just leak out anymore. If your a/c is blowing warm air some component has a leak a lot of times in the explorer a high or low side pressure switch. if you take it to get charged they should leak test it or at least add dye to the system to find the leak.