Adjust Doors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
Several weeks ago there was a post from a Ford mechanic or body shop guy on how to adjust and tighten the doors on the Sport Trac. Probably applies to all Fords. My passenger side rear door is so loose when closed it rattles like crazy and is getting worse. Does anyone know how to make this adjustment. I looked at the latching hardware myself and I don't see any kind of adjustment. Looks like the parts are just bolted on through standard holes. I would think there should be some sort of slide so you could reposition the latch pin or something and retighten but it does not appear that way.

Check and see if your latch post or striker is loose 1st thing. Is it your whole door rattling or maybe panel? Door itself check hinges & latch. Should be able to see all the screws easily.

It is the entire door, I can physicaly move the door from the outside while its closed. All components are tight, the door latch mechanism needs to be adjusted so it pulls the door tighter against the seals.

ME, you need a torx bit, Loosen the striker bolt on the jam and slightly push it toward the inside of the truck..and tighten, It may take several tries.. Also a good idea to trace the washer first with a pencil so if you move it too much you know where it started from...

Todd Z

ME,

I want to say T-45...

Todd Z

Make it tight and then give it another 14-1/2 turn... Don't know the exact torque..

Todd Z

Make it tight and then give it another 14-1/2 turn... Don't know the exact torque..

Todd Z