Advice needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Tarr

Reaction score
Yesterday, while checking fluid levels under the hood of my ST, I noticed that something was chewing away at the covering of the upper radiator hose. Closer inspection I noticed that at the joint in the AC pipe, there is a retainer clip that has rotated around and was cutting through the radiator hose covering. I can see no way to re-locate either part to stop this wear and tear. Should there be some kind of covering over this clip? I covered it with 2" wide. strap material( yellow to match the ST, of course) and secured ith wrap with zip-ties. Has anyone else experienced this before? If so what should I have done? Thanks, Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
We have seen the common rad hose worn through the protector by the transmission dip stick...

I have seen 1 st with the same issue as you... IF i remember we spun the ac clip and zip tied the hose away from it....

I believe it is fine to this day..

Todd Z

There was a TSB on this one. I remember I had to get my '03 Adrenelin redone. There was a new part number for the upper radiator hose, and I got a free flush n' fill out of the deal.

Thanks, everyone for your responses. I'm lucky to have seen the damage when I did instead of while driving. What a nightmare that would have been!........Jim:banana:

I took a 12 inch 1/2 inch drive extension, removed the dipstick, slid the extension in and bent the tube away from the hose.

Problem solved and no zip ties...

Latest posts