Aerodynamics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford does not rate the MPG numbers. The EPA does it. The way the rate them is about 1% of what we drive in America.

It needs to be updated.

Tom

Rocco, I used to get about 18-20max on the interstate. My most recent road trip got me 25.2mpg on Shell 87octane. Intake, exhaust, y-pipe, and tuner from WFoy for performance. 35psi in tires, tonneau, rear spoiler, windows up, a/c on. That is the conclusion I draw. I had an intake, exhaust, and superchip last year when I went to LaRue's, and got 19.4mpg, but still made it there on one trip.

Right now, all of my driving is city, maybe 10-15 miles per day. I haven't filled up in 3 weeks, since we got back from the road trip, have gone 387 miles, and still have a little over 1/4 tank left. Mainly I've been keeping my foot out of the engine bay, but I am definitely pleased with my numbers. Take them as you want, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing...oh, and I have a locking gas cap, so I know it's not my roommate (who drives an Accord and gets about 32mpg) messing with me.