After I lift...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Allen

Reaction score
I'm going to put a PA 3 inch body lift on my ST. My question is after the lift, will I need new shocks? Also, will I need to do stuff with the brake lines?... I know I will have to put on the steering extension. Any info is welcomed.

people will say that you need new shocks anyway, because the stock ones are crap ( and i would deffinetly agree with them) but you dont NEED to replace them. as for the brake lines... im not sure i had a shop install my body lift. i dont know if they touched the brake lines. hope that helps a little.

It does, thanks for the info. Does anyone know about the brake lines with the lift? That's about the only question i have keeping me from buying one right now.

lifting or lowering your trac puts extra strain on the already crappy stock shocks. You could get a good set of Ranchos for $200. And its not very hard to change your shocks, took me 2 hours with simple hand tools and a jack.