aftermarket brake flex lines?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just blew-out my two front SS lines (THAT was exciting).

I have found nothing specific for the ST, but there are "universal" lines that are long enough. Look at Russell (http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/brake_hoses/universal.shtml#). I haven't asked Russell yet, but StopTech wouldn't entertain a custom build.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made mine. 100K miles ago.

http://www.classictube.com/

Nuff said

They made mine.
They who - ClassicTube or StopTech? I don't see a specific model for an '01 ST 4WD (or any STs, or any Explorers after 2001) - is there a different application that works (Ranger, etc)?

I'll ask Russell later today for Gen 1 and 2 and post back.

Basically I'm looking for what I got for my old British sports car.

The front two lines to the calipers, and a single line in the rear to go from chassis to rear axle hard line.

Can't believe nobody makes a kit like that.

I emailed classic tube. Asked them why not make a kit for Explorer platforms.

Economies of scale...Right?

That, and it's not considered a performance vehicle and it's out of production.

What they could do is set a price that is worthwhile for them to make "custom" sets and let people pay, if they want. I'd pay double the going price, considering they last long (unless you're me).

I keep looking ...

Classic tube made a set just for me based on my specs......

They will make a set for the 07 but the special brackets and all may make it unioversal...

ALSO they will not make a production set as the 5 sets they sell is not worth it...

Sucks with such and unpopular vehicle.

Todd Z

I disagree Todd. The Explorer platform was very popular and I can't believe how many Sport Tracs I see in my area still on the road.

More importantly, they are now getting to the age where they could use a set of braided flex brake lines.

I can find stainless braided for early Explorer platforms at JC Whitney's website,

The two manufacturers are Pro Comp, and SkyJacker. But nothing for the later platforms.

Then there's this outfit, but I'm loosing my mind trying to figure out what they have.

http://rpmware.com/catalog/group/51739

But what I do see they have braided lines for Ford Focus.

We all need to muster together and request several of these outfits that we want braided lines for our vehicles.

If they get enough request they will do it.

For now I will replace the rear flex line to the axle with the OEM type.

Rear listed. Not sure about front. (95-01 Explorer) GL

Company changed names and web address. (wrxtra to Deerfield Precision)

Compare. Some brands have the same part numbers.

I wasn't actually. Because as with EVERY interest item for the ST 3,00 people want it, you go through the work and then 3 put up the money and the price is double or the manufacturer wants nothing to do with it.

I could LIST about 20 items that happend to me with this.

Like I said, Classic tube makes them for the Gen 1 and regular explorers....I have them so I know.

As for gen 2, there is not enough want, You probably could get them to make the hoses and fab your own brackets.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I'm sure that their is probably a similar Ford that uses our (Gen2)brake lines, we just have to find out which vehicle, and they probably have braided lines.

Did anyone ever come up with either a universal line with the correct length and fittings or another vehicle that cross referenced with a Gen 2?