Aftermarket Stereo/CD player for the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to my fellow ST owners.

I have a 2001 ST and my 6 CD stereo just crapped-out. I am currently having a Ford

service center look at the stereo to see if it can be repaired. Since it is now more than

five years old, I am considering buying an aftermarket stereo/CD player.

I have been out of this for too many years now, so I will ask those more knowledgeable.:wacko:

I want a unit that will be a direct bolt-up and no adapter plates, etc. as I love that stock

look. Any suggestions as to a good stereo system that will be as good, or better than the

stock unit? Also, can you get a stereo that holds more than 6 CD's in the same space as

the original stereo? Or, will I have to consider a CD changer under the rear seat somewhere.

Lastly, any suggestions for new speakers that are better than the stock ones and will fit in

the factory mounts without loads of mods.?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I think you may be better off buying another 6 Disc changer off Ebay, or from a member here that might be selling one..

I think what you looking for may be too difficult to find or install..

Todd Z

Here's another interesting one... Since you have the Audiophile system in your ST (6 disc), perhaps you can email this guy and see if your stock amp/sub will work with it.