Air Intake on a Budget

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
I found a great source for air intakes for the ST at a great price on EBay. I bought it, I installed it, & I have tested it and it performs admirably. I have submitted my installation project which is documented meticulously in the hopes that an extreme novice can install this upgrade.

I paid $41.26shipped

The bay store is linked below.

Andy

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call it an intake as much as a filter. Its not gonna improve your airflow in terms of quantity, and its also not going to reduce the turbulence of the air. But the filter does appear to be one that will provide you with alot better service than the old paper! And yea, thats a dirt cheap price for one!

Yeah, I bought mine off ebay too with the K+N filter though and it only cost me $68 shipped :cool::banana:[Broken External Image]:

I went to Pep Boys and got the breather filter for $8.99 for the bypass hose.

That is absolutely an intake - well done. A K&N cone filter will flow more than stock, but the flow will be limited by the stock MAF section. But still I'm sure it outperforms stock.

I wouldn't call it an intake as much as a filter. Its not gonna improve your airflow in terms of quantity, and its also not going to reduce the turbulence of the air

Jerry A. got me thinking. So I went searching again and found a kit for $30. So I added it to the first one and now have a true Air Intake all for $71.46.

The MAF housing is next!

I even have an extra filter,hose, clamps & MAF adaptor to boot. I think I will try to make something for my wifes Hyundai Elantra POS :banana:

BTW, it's official, I have that disease...

Sport Tracus Abeo Morbus (Sport Tractus Modifiers Disease)

I think I'm hooked!

Andy

[Broken External Image]: