Air shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daninflag

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Ok, I put on air shocks, had to drop the spare tire out to do the job. My concern is running the air lines while the spare is already out of the way. The air fittings point to the rear [as the parts were labeled L and Right] I'm thinking up and over the spare or along the side of the spare. I don't want the airlines in the way of the spare. I'm trying to find out who has already done this so I do it right the first time. Thank you all!

Ok, I put on air shocks, had to drop the spare tire out to do the job. My concern is running the air lines while the spare is already out of the way. The air fittings point to the rear [as the parts were labeled L and Right] I'm thinking up and over the spare or along the side of the spare. I don't want the airlines in the way of the spare. I'm trying to find out who has already done this so I do it right the first time. Thank you all!
I've installed AdjustableAirShocks on several vehicles; use a 2nd SchraderValve+Tubing
to provide seperate Left+Right adjustment, that compensates for Bed+Hitch Loads
plus the notorious LeftRear LeafSpring sag on this era Explorer\Ranger\Sport\SportTrac.
Mount+Route the seperate SchraderValves\Tubing to each Left+Right RearWheelWells,
instead of a common single SchraderValve typically on the RearBumper.

I've installed AdjustableAirShocks on several vehicles; use a 2nd SchraderValve+Tubing
to provide seperate Left+Right adjustment, that compensates for Bed+Hitch Loads
plus the notorious LeftRear LeafSpring sag on this era Explorer\Ranger\Sport\SportTrac.
Mount+Route the seperate SchraderValves\Tubing to each Left+Right RearWheelWells,
instead of a common single SchraderValve typically on the RearBumper.
I will give it a look tomorrow, and think about where I'd put the valves, ect. I don't have sag in my springs on either side. Lucky maybe. Thank you sir!

Latest posts