air wind noise on 09 ST??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan M 3

Reaction score
So before I drive my dealer nuts with my first service on my 09 ST, have a serious question.

When I drive anyting over 40-50 on windy days, I get horrible wind noise from the front doors? Sort of high up near the front, and worse on the passenger side. It is not in the glass, so it has to be the frame. My guess is the horrible design of having door edges facing the roof of the truck and nothing to divert air... and add to that maybe bad door seals?

At any rate, anyone had the issue, and what is the fix or how do I get Ford to correct? Without them saying, it is normal?

The roof rack also makes a lot of noise at highway speeds. The Sport Trac is a brick in the wind.

I experience this also even at lower speeds. Not sure about the passenger side since I've never been there. Would be interested in what the dealer says or does. But I do plan to have it looked at.

not the roof rack as I can hear it is at the door! I am sort of pissed, in this day and age to have door wind noise. Like REALLY???

My '07 does this- it seems to come and go- changes all the time.

Dealer replaced the door seals and realigned the doors, but no help.

Sometimes my Trac is very quiet and sometimes it annoys the heck out of me. My dad's Ridgeline is quiet all the time, and that annoys me more. The Trac's V-8 makes it tolerable, though.

I used to have this on older trucks, the cure used to be to spray silicone on the seals. This is why they did away with door frames years ago, other than on trucks and SUV. It is a poor design on the ST in that the seal/crack faces directly into the on coming air, and no way to deflect. I think it is just BS in this age, and the cost of these trucks.. My F150 had NO air noise... it's like, get a clue! My wife's edge is air proof for gosh sakes.

Same problem with my 07, no problem with my 04. My sound comes from the seal around the front doors, drivers is worse, also the drivers leaks in most car washes, dealer basically told me to suck it up!

I got what sounds like a low moan(no jokes please) that comes from the back drivers side door. Only occasionally, but annoying. I've cleaned and treated the seals and its better, but not completely gone. Bob :(

Well they found a couple screws missing on the trim,. re-sealed the door seals, and seems the wind noise is all but gone. Happy about that... now if I can just get the steering wheel to sit straight. Drives me nuts how cars/trucks are made to allow a little off set steering to compensate for road curve. Well not all roads curve... why cant they jest set them true... arg..

Latest posts