All set for weekend work!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
I went yesterday and got the last of the supplies I'll need for this weekend. On tap so far is replacing the tranny pan with the new deep pan I got from PML and doing an oil change.

For the Tranny maintenance I've got:

PML deep tranny pan

filter and gasket kit

12 quarts Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF (more then I need but better safe then sorry)

Oil change gets:

5 quarts Quaker State Q Synthetic Blend for 4x4s, SUVs and Trucks

Mobil 1 Model M1-210

thinking about doing my front and rear diffs as well. Can someone verify the correct fluids and amounts? I've got the 4x4 410 rear, no LS.

Jake, Either 75/140 or 70w90 synthetic are the correct ones.

I like the 75/140 better.....

And no additive are needed since your not LS...

BUT valvoline synpower comes with the additive in it allready !!!!!!

But the front diff cover does not come off easily, so you will need to suck out that fluid, THE back you can remove the cover, or suck it out...

BUT I would wait and get a 8.8 axle girdle for the rear, and change the fluid then.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
LS would be a PAIN... BUT to add a locker, about $250.00 - $300.00

And no removal of the ring or pinion is needed like a LS would be

Todd Z

Unless you are going to flush the whole transmission. I would not mix the syn trans fluid with the factory mercon 5 fluid...requires a flush to get it out of the torque convertor..

ROAD TRIP !!!!! LOL

Todd Z

Okay rear-end will wait till I decide on the LS or not. Will try and flush the front diff. This will be done at the BlackHawk hanger tomorrow, I'll make sure to take pics!

Wish I could say the same. All the parts for my Cobra were supposed to be here on Tuesday. After phone calls and finding out that the stuff hadn't been shipped yet, I got one box today, and find out that the other box was shipped ground instead of 2 day, so it won't be here until Monday. Way to freakin ruin a weekend of good weather and a 600hp convertable :(

D, that sucks, I know what it is like to look in the garage and go "only if the dam parts were here !!!!! "

Todd Z