All wheel drive (AWD)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A determined driver doesn't let his vehicle stop him from doing donuts. Who is the artist, and who is the freaking canvas? That's right--don't let your ride decide!

We all know how easy a donut is with a FWD car, how it is slightly harder in a RWD car, and we know that there has to be a challenge out there for once the first 2 are mastered, and that is the essentially AWD car.

**for the undetermined, there has to be a way to disable power transfer to the front wheels. If it engages electronically, then I'm sure there is a way, and that someone here has already figured it out, if not done it.

I always thought RWD was easier. to be honest on occasion the kids like to spin a couple in the parking lot when it snows. Don't get me wrong back in the day my 73 nova did many. I guess I'll have to stick with the wrangler. With the very short wheel base it comes around really quickly.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Nova. Oh, I actually miss that thing.

My step-brother got it on two wheels once. That's hard to do.

I can't talk. Once I tried driving it before it was warmed up and stalled it during a turn while a Semi was headed straight for us. My friend was not impressed with me at all since it was her side that the Semi was headed for. :angry:

Come to think of it, it was the same friend in the car when I forgot to latch the door shut, turned right and the door flew open and then while trying to grab the door forgot to stop turning and almost ran into the neighbors fence.:huh:

Thank God I made it through my teenage years.

To do spins with a 4x4 or an Automatic 4x4 system.

Wait until you get a good snowstorm. Find an empty parking lot. Place vehicle is 4x4 High mode. Turn front wheels in one direction. Floor it. All 4 tires will spin. The front tires will pull the vehicle into a spin. The spinning rear tires have no traction, so it will spin and spin.

That is the same way monster trucks do it.

Tom

FWIW my '08 V6 has a gas mileage thingy on the dash. I reset it every tank and average 14.5 mpg on pretty much every tank. My driving is about 75%/25% city/highway. Only 3000 miles so it's not broken in yet. This is my third 4.0 SOHC, in my experience it is a tight engine when new and doesn't break in until about 10,000 miles.

I did just get a Gibson cat-back exhaust that I haven't installed yet so we'll see if the mpg picks up any with that. The stock muffler is a huge sucker about the same size and shape as a couch cushion.

Latest posts