Aloha: 2nd Gen ST transmission leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Aloha Folks, I have a 2007 2nd Gen 4.0 RWD ST. A few years back, unexpectedly I had to have my automatic transmission rebuilt. Recently, but it could have been going on for a while, I noticed leak under my vehicle. It wasn't oil. I had my mechanic drop my transmission fluid and change out the filter since it had been 30,000 miles since the rebuild. He said the fluid looked good as well as the filter but smart to change it out. He noticed the leak and said he thought it came from the plug area, by the overflow? Not sure if that makes sense but because we don't have a way to check it from up above, he was careful not to overfill it. Anyhow, I am still getting some leaks. Is this a known problem? Part or seal wearing out? If so, what can be ordered and replaced? I don't like driving to people's home and parking in their driveway right now if you know what I mean! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Mahalo!

Aloha Folks, just to follow up, I see others on here having issues in the past with a leak out of their transmissions, they all seem to have the V8 4.6L model. Mine is the 4.0L V6. Do both models have similar issues with leaking from the transmission and new seals need to be installed? Thank you in advance for any advice, help. Mahalo!

Latest posts