altinator died and now no overdrive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Corsaro

Reaction score
yeah i went wheeling nd my altinator died right along with my battery shortly after it but once it was going bad the tranny was acting funny didnt always go in reverse and i didnt have overdrive. so i replaced both the alt and batt and now i still dont have overdrive i got reverse back but no overdrive, if anyone has any ideas what is going on i would appeciate some help on this cuz a new tranny gets pretty pricey. yeah if anyone has anyin info the can email me at [email protected] of call me at 2096635120. thatnks everyone hope to hear from yyall soon.

we spoke in the chat here is a dumb question did you press the buton on the end of the shifter that turns the o/d on and off/ also not to sure but you might want to check under the truck for a loose or disconnected plug on the tranny for the overdrive. not sure if there is one but worth a shot. good luck.

paul h

I bet the 2 are not related, Since your 4 wheeling not using OD, i bet you knocked a wire or connector loose under the truck.....

Only other thing I can think of is a voltage spike or short ran through the system a fried a relay or a computer part.....

Todd Z

Latest posts