Annual meet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David j

Reaction score
Anyone heard any updated news about the Annual meet in Texas. It was scheduled for next month. Shouldn't there be registration forms and such out by now?

Rich said last week that he should know something more this week. So far haven't seen any posts from him about it. I don't blame Rich at all, but it really seems like Ford has dropped the ball returning his emails in a timely fashion. I have a client who lives in Dallas, and he said the fair area is so full of crime, that he doesn't even drive his own vehicle down there and instead takes a shuttle. I sure hope Ford is giving us STer's some sort of VIP parking at the fair otherwise I'm going to be very concerned about driving my ST to the fair. As far as a sign up sheet goes, Rich, what's up with not having at least a sign up sheet yet? Initially I think alot of MYST members were interested in attending the Dallas meet, but now I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of information and the date quickly approaching if participation may be down. :( -Heather

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich Stern will usually post an entire web page devoted to the Annual meet with all the details as far as cost, location for the meeting, what all Ford is providing along with maps and any special hotel arrangements.

Not only does Rich have to wait on details from Ford, but also needs help from members in the Dallas area to assist him in the coordination of a hotel, places to hold the meet and catering, etc. I don't know if Rich has gotten anyone in the area to assist making these arrangments

If it was held in Louisville, all of these arrangments would have been done by now. Also, the event iactually starts Friday, September 30th and the Sport Trac Meeting would be on Saturday October 1st, so we have closer to 2 months to get this organized.

I'm sure Rich is as annoyed by this delay as are the rest of us. Unfortunately Ford contributes a great deal of their money and resources to this annual meet, so we try to go along with their scheduling and convenience.

...Rich

Heather...Did your client say what type of crime is going on. Auto theft, vandals, roberry,etc.. Does he think we would be at risk for personal attack. If we are going to park as a group, maybe we could collect funds for security.

Fast Eddie- Basically he said it's just a high crime area in general and not a place I would want to be after dark. He also is looking for hotels for me and recommended Mesquite,Tx which he said would be about a 25 min. drive to the fair grounds with traffic considered. -Heather:D

I live in Dallas, and Ive been to the fair for the past 5 years, and nothing has happened yet. I wouldnt recommend parking far out in the $5 parkings if you have 20's or a nice stereo system, I would go early to get the good parking. As far as crime in the park, a long time ago there was a shooting, but in the past 2 years its mostly fights, because of some stupid guys. I havnt experienced anythign bad yet, and enjoy going to the fair. I cant WAIT! :D

Boodro

Until Rich gets some info from Ford, we don't really know what they have planned for us. Perhaps we may be part of Ford's exhibit for that day and actually get to park inside the fair grounds.

As Boodro said, parking in the lot is not particularly risky since there are so many people around. However, Fair Park is not an area you would want to hang around when the State Fair is gone.

...Rich

Latest posts