Another 07 Test Drive update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Just a quick update.

We just drove 22 07'S.. Over 200 miles and on an off road course... That was AWESOME!!!

All I can say is pictures do not do this truck justice. The chrome front is actually a nice addition.

I will get one by 08 hands down!!!!..

We have 20+ ford reps, engineers, PR and 20 media people and countless photographers!!

I tried to ask about all concerns, I have the list and will update when i get back to NY..

But a teaser,, The Power rear window is MINT !! I have pics. And it will be about 300 bucks as an option.

The control track is cool, the AWD is cool, low range, and there is no need for a posi rear because of the traction control.

I also have pics of the different colored trucks and interiors...

I will update tomorrow !!!

P.S I ran out of Mysporttrac cards !! DOH!!!

I can also say we WILL see more ford involvement in the ST world and maybe even with this site

Good night all.

Sounds Cool! :cool: Saw an 07' with a V8 on the lot yesterday and thought, all right, I'll take it for a test drive. Walked up to it and there is a SOLD sign in the window. Bummer...

Have fun Todd! ;)

I'm not a redhead nor a stepchild. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

My dealer got his first '07 this week. Black 4x4 and not real attractive looking. Ford needs to get some funky colors back to attract some attention.

Hopefully Ford will get with the program and start making some exciting cars again. Todd-- tell them to take a visit every now and then to the Daimler-Chrysler dealers' lots and see what Dodge and Jeep are pumping out!

I got a Jeep Compass broshure yesterday. Wife says she wants one this summer!

Hey Todd,,, I love the existing paint colors (don't change them ford) but ask them guys,,,, why no green?????:angry:

Gavin--Was that at Kehoe Ford that you saw the black 4X4? They called me yesterday and left a message saying they have a black Limited and a silver XLT in. Might have to visit them this weekend.

Hey!

Colors' They will have some for 08, the GREEN thing I am hammering into them, They want to use that bright mustang green, I said how about a mix of the estate and the forest. They said they will thin k about it. There are some other little changes coming out, inside and out, nothing drastic though, but making it yet more diver friendly.

Edit: Just found out that in the insurance institute front off set crashes the st Rated good !!!

Thats a plus!! First the 5 star in the impacts,a and now this !!!!

As far as burnouts and skids and stuff, DAMMIT, cant, even with the traction control of , the full time auto 4wd will not let you loose control, So that aspect is gone, but the tough luxury thing is apparently what they are going for...

Leaving soon for another cool morning.

SO you all take care, and I DID find out the engineers hate performance mods to the st, they looked at me like I just kicked their dog.. But the power and MPG gains you can get, they still did not like it..

BUT they did laugh at the S.L.U.T Comments !!!!!

And yes, the Sport Trac is designed as a SUT !!!!!

I can say this, I just ate 3 pancakes and side of turkey bacon, $56.00 !!!!!!!!!! OUCH !!!!

The rooms are like $700.00 a night, FORD did go all out for this...

Good day,

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an awesome time Todd. Have they filmed you in any commercials yet? ;) Have fun, I'm sure you are.