Another 07 Test Drive update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I understand it, they are going to add a place on the arm rest to grap the door. The current location being low and forward is awkward to many people. I think it just takes a little getting used to but I wouldn't want a passenger who was not used to the non-intuitive placement to be clawing at the arm rest while the wind wips the door open.

I still have a problem with the rear window now being an "option". That's one of the things that makes it a Sports Trac. It was one of the thinds that sold me on buying it in the first place. I can"t imagine doing without it. Next thing you know Ford will make the steering wheel an "option".

Tom, the new vehicle is vastly improved and the sticker price, six years later, is pretty close to what they sold for back in 2000. Who cares if it's an option? I suspect some people would rather have the $300 in their pocket than a power rear window they rarely use.

Ford has to accomodate all kinds of interests in getting a new vehicle into production. Accountants and cost considerations. Executives and managers "tweaking" based on what they think the customer wants. Plant capabilities. Supplier capabilities. Crash testing. Government mandates. The list is forever.

I'm sure, if the Sport Trac brand manager could make the ST leap off the concept drawing board and into production exactly the way he wanted, he'd be grateful. But reality is, bringing a new vehicle to market involves leaping tall buildings, traversing minefields, crawling under barbed wire, etc.

I'm grateful the window will be available. I use it a lot in the 2001.

I'm glad the window will be available too. I didn't think I cared too much for the looks of the 07 until I saw Ghosty, the white one. Now I might have to go to the dealer and take a closer look. :cool:

I too wasn't that sure when looking at pictures. For whatever reason they come across better in real life than in pictures. The dark cherry looks great in the sun. I would have never considered a red (or similar) color until I saw an '07 limited in dark cherry. Ghosty looks great as well. Would like to see a white one in person.

I understand that Ford thinks the rolldown rear window should be an option, but it makes me wonder when they are going to make rolling the side windows down an option. After all, I rarely use them. I use the back window almost as much.:cool:

Add a new position "Vent 2" and have the side windows go down about two inches along with the back window.:cool: That's how I normally drive.

Ford" are trying make back some of the billions they lost ....so they figure why not make the back window an option because they know people would pay for it.;)

Todd,

Where are they taking you to do the test drives? My first thought was that it might be the old El Toro Marine base, but I don't that there was anything there that would allow much of an off road test. :D

Nelson-

Not being a huge Goodyear fan either, these tires are VERY well designed!!! The off road coarse was much more than I expected. It reminded me of some of the hunting roads I drove on in Idaho. The tires handled remarkably well. I am sure much of that is from the traction control also.

We drove them form San Diego through several driving conditions (freeway, side streets, hilly areas, pretty diverse!) to Lake Elsinore to the off road coarse. Then we drove them to the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach. It was a two hour drive from San Diego to the Off Road Coarse, and then another hour to the resort.

They set up on a ATV coarse just outside of Lake Elsinore, CA. It was great!!! Adele did not want me to take her Tweety on it though. :(

Last edited by a moderator: