Another MPG Thread *gasp*

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Taylor

Reaction score
I know I know. There are already a bunch of threads about MPG but people seem to post limited info in there replies, so here it goes.

I've read many post and see things like the V-8 ST gets better gas mileage, and so does the 4:10.

So here's my request, if you could please post what kind of mileage you're getting, if you have 2x4 or 4x4, V8 or V6, what gears, what tires, and what kind of driving you normally do.

I'm just curious to see what people are getting when I can actually tell their vehicle specs apart =P

Also I'm wondering because I just bought a 2001 ST V6 4x4 with 100,000 miles on it with 255/70/16 tires and am wondering about the mileage other people are getting with the same setup as me, or if another model is the way to go, since I think someone wants to buy mine anyway.

Thanks!

-Cody

MPG log on the site...

Search by State or member

Todd Z

<a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/mpg.asp?PageHeader=MPG%20Log&PageTitle=">The My Sport Trac Website MPG log</a>

My 2003 ST 4x4 4:10 Stock 255's , 93 octane, with almost every bolt on mod, 5300 lbs, mostly mixed and I drive like an A$$...... 15-16 MPG... Just got 21 on the highway to Ct this weekend...

IF Rachel drives my 03 she will get 21 NORMALLY !!!!..... Man i do drive like an A$$... :lol::lol::lol:

My 2004 ST gets with Rachel driving it, 18MPG mixed.... 87 octane I drive it, and get around 14..LOL...

Thats 4800 lbs, 4:10 4X4 with 275/70/16's and Xcal intake and exhaust, The speedo was corrected via the Xcal..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
'07, 2wd, V8, 3.55, 275/55/18, 93 octane,drive worse than Todd, mixed driving, 7.4 mpg average.

I have an '05 with the 3.73, stock tires (whatever size they come with, I don't know what they are) V6, 4x2, and I get about 16-17 mpg consistently, but I don't drive much (about 17,500 miles in just under three years, if that tells you anything). I have a mixed driving habit, sometimes I have a heavy foot, sometimes I have a light foot; it really varies, there is no significant consistency in how I drive. Sometimes I gun it off a stoplight, and other times I accelerate slowly. I do mostly city driving, sometime I drive highway, but mostly I only drive about 30 miles on the highway at one time.

Hope this helps

02, 75K, 4x4, v6 and on average I get about 15-16 in mixed driving conditions. I have to admit that I have a heavy foot, too. I get better results in the warmer weather.

02 4x4, stock size tires, zabtech TB & cone type air filter, 4.11 rear end, easy on the starts and easy on the stops, drive about 22 miles round trip to work and back, get 18+ on average as my daily driver, don't speed very often (w/in 5 mph of posted speed), live in a rural area only 5 traffic lights between house and work, have a fiblerglass tonueau cover on all the time, carry a spare boat trlr tire in the trunk all the time.

2002 4x4 w/ 4.10's, 265/75/16 BFGoodrich A/T's, mostly stock, and 90% of the time I drive like an old man, even though I'm 21.......dum...dum...dumm....11 MPG combined!

Just an FYI, for the first 2 years I have owned this truck, it got around 18-19 combined MPG. I don't have a clue why I lost the MPG? It happened in the span of about 3-4 month.

Brett

05 all stock except Zabteck TB and I just filled tonight and got 17.8 MPG. Normally I get right at 20MPG with prolly 3/4 tank on highway and rest city.

Figure my MPG's have gone down lately due to letting it run @ idle at short stops since it's so cold out and heavy footing it @ times on the ice and snow.

I'm really impressed by it myself. Not bad at all.

Edited to state: 05 Premium 2X

01, 4x2, 3.73,135,000 miles, cone air filter, pvc air intake, tb mod, ypipe, d.n.a. muffler and xcal. Sometimes I drive hard and sometimes easy. In the warm weather, I get 18 to 19 mixed, and 22 to 23 on the highway. In this good cold weather, I get 15 to 16 mixed and 20 on the highway._Ron

2008 4X2 V6. Mainly city driving where I average 18mpg. I got 21 once when I went from Wichita to Topeka, then to Great Bend, and then back to Wichita over a 3 day weekend. I always go atleast 75 on the interstates when I travel.

I dono. I just drive. Sometimes heavy foot sometimes not...:rolleyes:

2002 4x2...17 with winter gas and power launching with other aggressive driving lol, 18 in mixed, 19 when I don't have to go through town much, and one time I got 20 miles per gallon doing an incredibly boring roadtrip on I-95 from Baltimore to Richmond.

Maybe its my workboots...that's 7.5 lbs of extra weight on my foot, and metal detectors confirm that they are indeed steel (as opposed to the faux steel toe boots that my compadres seem to have)

2001 Job 2 2 wheel drive 373 rear end

Air filter and xCal

City driving 14 average

Highway 21 average

Hopefully, Torrie's new tune will help the city some. I can live with the highway.

Posted in an earlier thread - still true... I now have 10K miles.

I have to say that the gas mileage on my 07 V8 is surprisingly good. I'm getting 16-19

in the city and 20-24 highway - without towing. Haven't tested that one yet.

This past weekend's tow was very short (15 miles) so I couldn't really test it

properly. Taking a 250 mile trip in a month so I can look at it then.

I do drive with a relatively light foot so I'm sure the mileage is better that

it normally would be. Only have 1500 miles on the truck so far.

I did experiment on a 200 mile highway trip and found out the following:

70mph - 20.4mpg

65mph - 21.8mpg

60mpg - 22.5mpg

55mph - 23.9mpg

All using cruise control, resetting the mileage computer each time (I LOVE that

feature) and going a full 50 miles testing each time.

I understand that this is a quick test relying in the trip computer to calculate the gas mileage. Just wanted to get this preliminary information out.

Interesting.

New '08, V6, 3.73, has mpg computer thingy on the dash, mixed driving but mostly in-town, 13.5 mpg. Got 18.5 on a highway trip. Window sticker says 13/19 and that's what I get.

02, 60K, 2wd, v6 and on average I get around 15-16 in practically all city driving. A lot of stop and go traffic.

On the highway between 19-20.

04, 4X4, 4.10 rear end, 51,000 miles. xcal 2, cone air filter. 19 mpg on a 650 mile trim twice a month. Try to use the cruse as much as I can around 80 mph.