another Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a long time since my last visit here; I've since moved and driven another truck; I'm looking to buy another ST (maybe)..my old one was an '02 and I'm wondering what improvement they've made or problems arise since then...I appreciate any advice before I seek the dealership...that employee discount is enticing.....thanks, Spring

Well, two choices from what I can tell, get a great deal on a very slightly improved trac, or wait unit late 06 when you can get the sweet 07 model.

what about brake and cel issues; I've been reading quite a few posts on these topics; please don't be frustrated with me, I've just been away from the ST scene for about two years....thanks so much for all the tips

Check the "DPFE season" post, it seems that it's hitting 02s and 03s this time of the year...

Last edited by a moderator:
From '03 up most of the typical bugs were resolved. Rear disc brakes are now standard and the only time my CEL came on was after I changed to a locking fuel cap. I replaced the factory cap and cleared the code, no other problems since then.

Check out my library under grand prix of edmonton, there are a bunch of photos of the one that i took pics of this past weekend

Dallas

Maybe it is because Battlestar Galactica is back on, but comparing the SVT ST looks to the current ST is like looking at the new Cylons compared to the old Cylons from the 1970s show...they look kinda the same, but the newer model has more curves, is a little sleeker, and a little more high-tech looking.

TJR

Big D, thanks for the pics....I still like the current body style, just more concerned about reliability and safety issues; I know there are more airbags now than my old '02 ( I currently drive an '03 Xterra); seems from some of the threads, there have been premature brake wearing issues and differing opinions on rotor replacement/turning. One of my fellow employees mentioned he still has his original brake linings at about 60,000 miles; I think I replaced mine at about 28,000 on my '02....

Latest posts