Another tire question, sorry!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed C

Reaction score
I have a question, I tried the search but got some kind of error. Anyway, I'm going to switch to 17" wheels. My questions is what would be the proper tire wall size to keep the stock diameter? One website said it is 65 the other one suggested 60. Another question I have is about the width. I'm thinking about going with 265 instead of 255 but I don't want the tires to stick out the sides of the fender. I'm using 1.25" spacers all the way around. Any suggestion and help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ed

Hope these help! BTW, by your reappearance here, I assume the "homecoming" is over?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the second number (60 or 65 or whatever) is actually a percentage of your width so unless you are comparing the same width tires you would need to change the height to match.

Thanks a lot. I think 275/60-17 will give me the look I'm going for. If I measured right I shouldn't have any rubbing issues. Thanks again.

Ed

Latest posts