Antenna, power steering shudder, searching for messages

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
I already posted a message asking if anyone has bought an after market antenna like the ones on ebay to replace the factory one which I find kind of ugly. Atleast I thought I posted it but I cant find that message anywhere so I'm trying again, maybe I hit the wrong button. If anyone has one where did they get it and how does it compare to the original as far as signal reception. In this rural area I cant afford any signal loss.

I have also tried searching the forum for post on the power steering shudder issue but did not find a whole lot, just one post. I am having that problem when turning the wheels while sitting still and/or moving very slow. Has anyone sucessfully had a dealer take care of that problem base on the "TSB" that was issued. A previous post says the TSB is for the 2005 I assume it is the same for the 2004. Where can one find the TSB's on their vehicle. I have already tried carfax and edmunds but came up with nothing for the ST.

Lastly I see that some people get a bit upset to see the same questions asked over and over again so if there are any suggestions on how to better search the forum let me know. I am new but think I am using the search function to the best of its ability. I wish the forum provided a way for you to immediately check any/all post that you have made or responded to it would made it easier to keep up to date on posts you are interested in.

Well I am just full of wants and questions aren't I. Thanks again for all your time.

I found the TSB via the link on this site to the NHTSA, I had been there before, but apparenlty only searched for recalls not TSB's. What another great link/resource from this site.

The shudder was corrected in my Trac.

They will replace the power steering pump with the 4 door version of the Explorer. It has a higher output rating. Once the pump was replaced I no longer had an issue.

The same holds true for the alternator as well if you Live in a cold environment. It will squeal pretty bad under a load when cold. Replace with the 4 door Explorer and all is good to go.

Adam, your answers are above. Don't worry about the "repeat posting" on this site. Most people here don't mind. When searching, try to keep it pretty basic (just use power steering) and make sure to use "all posts" or "archive". That should get you a response.;)